Question Why is my Bios and HWmonitor showing that System fan is on 0 rpm but in reality it is spinning?

Jun 1, 2021
Hi, first of all my bios is not even controling my system fan?? If i put on manual and turn it off from bios (on 0 rpm) it is still spinning in my case... It's like bios is controling another inexistent fan, and also the temps on cpu increases when i turn it off from bios.. but system fan is still spinning, all my fans are still spinning(including cpu fan). I dont know what is this, a mobo software problem or what?

Jun 1, 2021
In my pc i have 3 fans in the front, one fan in the back and cpu cooler fan. I call system fan the one in the back of my case. Even tho all fans are spinning.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Hi, first of all my bios is not even controling my system fan?? If i put on manual and turn it off from bios (on 0 rpm) it is still spinning in my case... It's like bios is controling another inexistent fan, and also the temps on cpu increases when i turn it off from bios.. but system fan is still spinning, all my fans are still spinning(including cpu fan). I dont know what is this, a mobo software problem or what?
Does the fan still respond to BIOS controls otherwise, e.g. turning full speed when set at full speed, and ramping up and down according to temps?
How are you turning off the fan from BIOS? Set the fan curve to the lowest possible setting? And what kind of fan is this, a 3-pin or 4-pin fan?