Question why Is my dell inspiron 5584 running hot

GamerJones

Prominent
Feb 27, 2020
So my dell inspiron 5584 has been running hot
I have changed thermal paste but laptop is running still hot
when I'm not doing anything temps are somewhere in the 50-75celcius in games even more!!
and because of this in cs:go i have fps drops that makes me angry

please help!!!

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing an SKU to your laptop so as to understand the specs to your laptop?

Mind sharing the make and model of the thermal paste you've used to replace what was applied from the factory/assembly line? Did you inspect your cooling assembly's fins/venting stack for any dust or debris? As for your laptop, if you've got an 8th Gen Intel processor onboard, you could try your hands at undervolting using ThrottleStop but it's best if you avoid that if you're uncomfortable with apps of that nature.

If the laptop has an MX130 on it then that laptop is not designed for gaming, rather for professionals like photographers or for students on the go with need for a minimal spec'd discrete GPU to help them out when in a pinch.

GamerJones

Prominent
Feb 27, 2020
Mind sharing an SKU to your laptop so as to understand the specs to your laptop?

Mind sharing the make and model of the thermal paste you've used to replace what was applied from the factory/assembly line? Did you inspect your cooling assembly's fins/venting stack for any dust or debris? As for your laptop, if you've got an 8th Gen Intel processor onboard, you could try your hands at undervolting using ThrottleStop but it's best if you avoid that if you're uncomfortable with apps of that nature.

If the laptop has an MX130 on it then that laptop is not designed for gaming, rather for professionals like photographers or for students on the go with need for a minimal spec'd discrete GPU to help them out when in a pinch.

Laptop has
8 gb ddr4 memory
Intel core i5 8265U
Nvidiageforce MX130
Windows 11
Fins are cleaned
Deep cool z5 thermal past