[SOLVED] Why is my monitor suddenly only displaying 60fps?

Jan 16, 2021
So I just got an Hp Omen 15 and everything was going great until suddenly my 144hz monitor that was doing 144fps (on rocket league) suddenly dropped to 60fps for no reason. I realized that when the game was in fullscreen on my 60hz laptop display the frames went to 144 fps no problem (i know that they cap at 60 though). But when I fullscreen on my 144hz monitor I only get 60fps and doesn't go back up.

If I factory reset the laptop it works for about a week but then the same issue happens. I tried things like buying a cable that supports 144hz, uninstall/update drivers, check that the display settings were correct on both Nvidia control panel and display settings. I was wondering if it could be that in nvidia control panel my laptop display shows up as if it were my monitor (its almost like the displays are flipped in an odd way) , or a ram issue??

I've been searching for answers on many threads but can't seem to find answers so I would greatly appreciate any help!

Solution
If I factory reset the laptop it works for about a week but then the same issue happens.
if it works fine for a week and then changes, the problem is software I think. Maybe drivers

where are you getting the display drivers from? when i say display drivers, I mean the drivers for the GPU in the laptop. try using the ones from the laptop maker as they should work with it. And then just not update them. try running ddu and using drivers from website if you have newer now - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

which version of windows? if win 10, its going to update you afterwards to latest drivers it can find and latest version of win 10.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If I factory reset the laptop it works for about a week but then the same issue happens.
if it works fine for a week and then changes, the problem is software I think. Maybe drivers

where are you getting the display drivers from? when i say display drivers, I mean the drivers for the GPU in the laptop. try using the ones from the laptop maker as they should work with it. And then just not update them. try running ddu and using drivers from website if you have newer now - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

which version of windows? if win 10, its going to update you afterwards to latest drivers it can find and latest version of win 10.

Solution