Question Why is Windows 10 crashing at random times?

Techxz

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
My PC seems to be crashing at random times. I've tried so many different things including a clean install of Windows 10; rebuilding the PC; resetting the BIOS, downclocking the RAM from 3000MHz to 2133MHz and I don't know what the issue is.

I ran AIDA 64 system stability test (with GPU being stress tested as well) for an hour and 10 minutes and it ran perfectly. Then I ran Google VR and instant crash. I then left the PC for a bit and run Google VR and it ran fine.

These crashes happen at random times.

Could it be that the NVMe SSD temperature was too high (it runs at just under 70)? The drive is at 100% health according to CD Info, but I don't know.

Pc specs:
i7 8700
Z370 Aurous Gaming 5 mobo
RTX 2080
Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000mhz
Corsair 80+ platinum PSU

Techxz

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
The problem was that the NVMe SSD was overheating and reaching temperatures that exceeded 80°C under load and exceeded 60°C idle!!!

I reinstalled windows on a normal SATA based 2.5" SSD and the crashes seem to have stopped.

I guess I need to find some sort of cooling solution for the NVME SSD.

Techxz

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
I bought it second hand off a local buy and sell platform, so that's not a realistic option unfortunately.

I need to see if I can find some sort of cooler for it and I'll have to only store easily retrievable data like large games on it to avoid losing data.

Have you got any recommendations on m.2 nvme coolers?