[SOLVED] Why my new Logitech G502 Hero gaming mouse feels oily and sticky? Any idea/fix :(

Apr 12, 2022
Hi guys,
I'd bought a new gaming mouse 2 weeks ago and after hardly using it for a week, it felt somewhat sticky from either side and the buttons as well which I found quite frustrating, I can still feel that weird stickiness now but in addition to being sticky in my hand, it also feels quite oily now and I'm not sure whether the mouse I got in the first place has been defective on arrival or after a day or 2 it started giving these weird sticky signs as I don't exactly remember but I guess the transparent wrapper wrapped around the mouse in the box made it slightly sticky after unboxing and after 3 or 4 days, it became a lot stickier and oily as well after a week. I'd appreciate any idea or suggestion to help me fix my mouse, thanks in advance. :(

Things you should know:
• I tried to clean it with a damp cloth twice because I didn't want to use any alcoholic cleaning agent to ruin the pattern made of rubber on either side of the mouse but no help.
• It's still under warranty but I don't think that the retail store would accept claim for that stickiness instead of cleaning it with those alcoholic cleaning agents which I'm afraid of using on my new mouse.

Solution
I would not do anything beyond Logitec's cleaning instructions.

The retail outlet itself may be a victim of being sent counterfeit or sub-standard products.

Or the mouse may have spent days and weeks in a hot shipping container where the heat caused the plastic(s) to degrade.

Heat is not good for most products and electronics in particular....

If the mouse remains sticky then I would return the mouse.
Apr 12, 2022
Two thoughts:

1) Where was the mouse purchased? Any chance that the mouse could be counterfeit or refurbished?

2) Cleaning:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023416333

If not comfortable with just those directions then check for any other cleaning instructions specific to the G502.

I purchased my mouse from a reputable retail outlet where I purchased most of the PC components so I don't think that there's a chance it could be counterfeit or even refurbished!

I tried to clean it now with 70% formulated isopropyl alcohol but it still feels the same or IDK if I'm using it wrong, should I try any other isopropyl alcohol?

I reviewed the Logitech device cleaning guide but I tried them and had no luck so, in the end, I had used that 70% formulated isopropyl alcohol which still doesn't seem to make any difference or should I be using it and reapplying once for 4 or more consecutive days as the stickiness is stubborn and doesn't go away in a single try?

Ralston18

Titan

The retail outlet itself may be a victim of being sent counterfeit or sub-standard products.

Or the mouse may have spent days and weeks in a hot shipping container where the heat caused the plastic(s) to degrade.

Reactions: Uzi-Pie
Solution
Apr 12, 2022

Understood, I'll try to return it soon or maybe buy a new one if nothing goes well, thanks :)

TRENDING THREADS