Question Why my pc does not boot sometime and boots automatically after keeping it ideal for 1 day?

vrishinrajpurohit

Commendable
May 16, 2018
So basically when I started my pc after few days it started normally so after doing my work I shut it down. But after few hours when I tried starting it again it didn't boot and had no beep . And I also noticed gpu fan stopped working. I turned it off by switching of the main power outlet.

I removed the gpu, ram, batery and even cpu one after another to see if it gives an beep for an error but no POST . So I left it for few hours and tried turning it on again and it booted and after sometime it didn't boot .
I even formated hdd and replaced the battery and even cleared CMOS but nothing happens.
I haven't updated bios .

My pc specs:-
Cpu :- AMD a6 6400k
Mb:- gigabyte f2a68hm s1
Ram :- single 8gb stick
Psu:- foxin fps 800( tried other psu too but nope)

help

Last edited:

vrishinrajpurohit

Commendable
May 16, 2018
Foxin PSUs are cheap garbage --- what make & model is the other PSU you tried?

Also, please confirm there's no graphics card installed as per specs list.
I have a GPU installed r7 250 and the pay i tried was of intex , I don't know the model.
I don't think it is a psu problem as it starts fine and runs perfectly for some hours and turns off and then doesn't turn on.

vrishinrajpurohit

Commendable
May 16, 2018
CPU and/or GPU may be getting too hot which makes the PC shutdown to prevent permanent damage to those two components. If that's what's happening, a member with temps and cooling knowledge will have to help you with that as it's not my area of expertise.
it's not like that , temps are under control when it starts but the main problem is is doesn't start after shutting it down .. I have to wait hours to start it again