Sep 3, 2020
I currently have a i7 7700 cpu and a gtx 1080. I am planning to upgrade the cpu to a i9 10900k and the gpu to a rtx 3080 BUT my monthly budget allows me to just buy one at a time. I would go for the gpu first as that's where gaming improvement comes from but would my cpu bottleneck too bad for gaming?

Solution
To be honest you need new motherboard if your going to go with the new CPU so suggest to find like an bundle that includes motherboard+CPU also have you got enough power to run your new System like the PSU. Also even if your computer bottlenecks it will only be for sometime until you can upgrade again. You have to start somewhere. So i suggest getting the new cpu+motherboard first then GPU because 1080 will still run fine until you can get the 3080
To be honest you need new motherboard if your going to go with the new CPU so suggest to find like an bundle that includes motherboard+CPU also have you got enough power to run your new System like the PSU. Also even if your computer bottlenecks it will only be for sometime until you can upgrade again. You have to start somewhere. So i suggest getting the new cpu+motherboard first then GPU because 1080 will still run fine until you can get the 3080

Solution
Sep 3, 2020
Sorry for not including everything, I will buy a Asus z490-e gaming motherboard with the CPU and I have a 1000W PSU already. I don't know I kinda wanted the GPU first (also for the new cod beta in october)

Sorry for not including everything, I will buy a Asus z490-e gaming motherboard with the CPU and I have a 1000W PSU already. I don't know I kinda wanted the GPU first (also for the new cod beta in october)

Its unto you if you like to go with 3080 first then do it and hope it all goes well but dont worry about bottleneck since its going to be temp setup until you get your other things

Reactions: Optimus_Durex