Question Will my Cooler Master Elite V3 500W PSU enough for a GTX 1660 super?

Jan 22, 2021
First off, I've been using this power supply for about 2-3years already and so far i have no problems with it whatsoever
i am planning to upgrade my GPU to a 1660 super next week
(i know it will bottleneck my cpu) but hopefully i am going to be able to upgrade my cpu components in the near future

should i change my PSU to a more reliable and trusted brand? i am looking on a Corsair 550W 80+ Bronze

My specs:
i5 3470
GTX 1050 2gb
P8H61-M LX R.20 Mobo
8gb ram 1600mhz

Last edited:
First off, I've been using this power supply for about 2-3years already and so far i have no problems with it whatsoever
i am planning to upgrade my GPU to a 1660 super next week
(i know it will bottleneck my cpu) but hopefully i am going to be able to upgrade my cpu components in the near future

should i change my PSU to a more reliable and trusted brand? i am looking on a Corsair 550W 80+ Bronze

My specs:
i5 3470
GTX 1050 2gb
P8H61-M LX R.20 Mobo
8gb ram 1600mhz
Dont worry about cpu bottlenecking,you can upgrade that any time.
As post above said,get atleast a cx 550,if you have the money,get a 650-700W.Not that 1660 super needs it,just for future upgrades so u dont have to buy a new psu every 2-3 years

Reactions: sco0och and Nemesia
Hi sco0och.

I normally check in a few PSU tier list and your PSU is this below.

Tier E • Potentially dangerous in multiple scenarios
Cooler Master | Elite - Realpower - B2

Tier 6

Tier U

Personally I wouldn't. That PSU is 2-3 years old and could just blow up at any moment taking your new shiny GPU with it or worst half your system.

That 550watts Corsair CX Bronze is the minimum I would recommend in the Corsair models.

Sorry deleted post by mistake and posted it again.

Reactions: sco0och
Jan 22, 2021
update guys. i just bought 1660 super and a corsair CV650w 80+ bronze just 2 hours ago. i didn't found a CX version tho but im still really satisfied with the build quality of the CV650.
seeing the PSU tier list above i think this power supply is more than enough for my setup? thanks guys

Reactions: refillable
update guys. i just bought 1660 super and a corsair CV650w 80+ bronze just 2 hours ago. i didn't found a CX version tho but im still really satisfied with the build quality of the CV650.
seeing the PSU tier list above i think this power supply is more than enough for my setup? thanks guys
1660 super has a tdp of 125W,combined with your cpu which pulls 77W,you should be completely fine with almost 450W left.Not the best psu,but will do the job for you.Enjoy!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS