Question Win 11 Bios Update MoBo stop working

Mar 8, 2022
I have an MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon WiFi Gaming Motherboard. It’s bios were in Version 12, so after learning that I needed to update, I went and got the correct Bios from MSI website and updated to Ver 21. The update was successful, however windows 10 wont boot up. I can go into my bios, but I cannot go back to my windows 10. It always tells me to troubleshoot.

do I need to install a fresh windows 11? Do I need to send my motherboard back to manufacture?

Confusion.

You say Windows 10 won't boot.

You also say you can't "go back to my Windows 10."

The second sentence implies you had gone beyond Windows 10 at some point.

Your title says "Windows 11 Bios Update".

If you have in fact installed Window 11, I'm wondering why you would say "windows 10 won't boot up"?

Clarify if you can.

Mar 8, 2022
Confusion.

You say Windows 10 won't boot.

You also say you can't "go back to my Windows 10."

The second sentence implies you had gone beyond Windows 10 at some point.

Your title says "Windows 11 Bios Update".

If you have in fact installed Window 11, I'm wondering why you would say "windows 10 won't boot up"?

Clarify if you can.

I have windows 10 pro installed. The update to my BIOS is for me to be able to install windows 11, or rather upgrade to. The bios update adds the feature for my computer to be compatible with such upgrade.
Bios boot, but my current windows 10 that is installed in my main disc does not boot/go into windows. Just acts as if there is something wrong

I have windows 10 pro installed. The update to my BIOS is for me to be able to install windows 11, or rather upgrade to. The bios update adds the feature for my computer to be compatible with such upgrade.
Bios boot, but my current windows 10 that is installed in my main disc does not boot/go into windows. Just acts as if there is something wrong
Updates to BIOS usually contain just changes to turn on (by default) UEFI (non CSM) mode, TPM and secure boot modes as well as looking for GPT boot disk. if your W10 wasn't installed with such settings it will not work properly.