Plam

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
Hello, as of yesterday my windows 10 computer has been stuck in a boot loop with 2 different messages: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

System Information: http://prntscr.com/tzdo2j

Here's a bit of information regarding the issue and what I've tried so far:
I've tried updating to the latest version of windows as well as trying to reinstall windows 10 (which got interrupted by BSOD
I've tried powering on the PC while in safemode but that didn't stop the BSOD from occurring
My PC has gotten slower ever since the boot loops began happening and so far they've been starting around the same time each day.
I've tried the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool and under the stats it says "Hardware problems were detected. To identify and repair these problems, you will need to contact the computer manufacturer."
And this issue began happening yesterday.

If anyone has any ideas as to fix this please let me know!

Last edited:
Solution
If it BSOD in safe mode, its not likely to be a driver.
If it bsod during installation, its also not going to be a driver

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

op asked me to comment via pm.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Solution

Plam

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
It's just one problem after another.

Now for some reason, the usb that I was using earlier today which was working perfectly fine is now showing this pop up every time I try to plug it in to this pc so I can drag the memtest86 usb zip folder onto it.

http://prntscr.com/tze44o

I'm not even sure what it means by this error since it was working fine earlier today, could someone please help me fix this so I can follow the instructions above

I've already tried a couple solutions and they seem pretty unclear and aren't working for me.

Plam

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
Oh, didn't realize that meant that it had died. Guess the timing just sucks that it did right as I went to put the memtest86 zip on it.

I'm pretty sure that's the only flash drive I have currently so I'll have to go and buy a new one tomorrow morning. I'll post a reply to this thread after I've gotten a new one and tried running memtest86 on my ram sticks.

Plam

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020

Alright, after running the test and being at around 66% of Pass 1/4 a total of 8 errors were found. Here's a picture of what it looks like, if it helps: http://prntscr.com/tzr4rb

So from now it's just process of elimination, right? Just restarting the test and narrowing down on which ram stick needs to be replaced?

Edit: After taking out a RAM stick and running the scan on the remaining one the scan found no errors in it all the way up to 100% completion. If I experience another reboot I'll let you guys know, thanks for the help!

Last edited: