T-K

Commendable
Apr 10, 2017
So ive been having lag spikes for the last couple of weeks/months with wireless. Pinging my router gives me a pingspike on 2 000 ms every 3rd second but 0 package loss.

Did a new install of Windows 10 a couple of days ago. I did find a temporary fix for this and that was to use this commands in cmd;

netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wi-Fi"

This would disable my PC to look for internet and actually made the ping stable but had to redo this every reboot. I would then have stable ping but it would drop probably once a hour max which is better than every 3rd second.

Suddenly my issue got worse.... my issue is now that writing the command only works for a couple of minutes until it decides to drop my connection fully and I have to re-enable the netsh wlan autoconfig which means I have no way of having a stable ping over time.

Tried everything, works fine on other devices... and I did kinda find a temp fix... drivers are up to date.

SPECS:
My mobo is Z370-E and wireless comming with it.
TP-Link Archer C7

Last edited:

T-K

Commendable
Apr 10, 2017
Might be the router... had ther previous Tp-Link C5 and it trolled me after 2 years... and 2 years later now this... so will update when my new TP-Link C3150 comes

Last edited:

T-K

Commendable
Apr 10, 2017
Still have the issue... internet is horrible and massive spikes on my PC... works flawless on other devices... updated driver, reinstalled windows and everything as said

T-K

Commendable
Apr 10, 2017
Been troubleshooting like insane... now it seems like firefox is creating ping issues when visiting a webpage. To stop it I have to close firefox and then close it again through task manager. Task manager also only say that the firefox uses 0,1MBps but under performance Wi-Fi is jumping like crazy. How come I missed this after so much troubleshooting.