Question Windows 10 USB drive is not being recognised on bios for new build

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018
Hey!

So I bought a windows 10 usb flashdrive intended to install windows 10 on my new build.
My motherboard is the Asus Rog strix Z390-H.
But upon connecting the flashdrive to the computer, the usb is not being detected in boot priority or when I press F8. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

I tried connecting my keyboard to different ports on the new build and it's working so it can't be my computer and I also tried plugging the usb in a laptop and it recognised it, so it can't be the USB being faulty.

Help would be be most appreciated, thankyou!

Colif

Win 11 Master
On a brand new system you are doing exactly what you are meant to do, the motherboard should recognise the USB without you needing to change anything. so if its at default settings, it should work.

I don't see a priority boot device menu in manual

is fast boot disabled? (page 3-20 of manual)
Is secure boot disabled? (page 3-21 of manual)

Both need to be disabled to boot off USB

shouldn't need to change any USB settings. It should just work.

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018
On a brand new system you are doing exactly what you are meant to do, the motherboard should recognise the USB without you needing to change anything. so if its at default settings, it should work.

Both Fast boot and Secure boot are already enabled. And still nothing shows on the boot Menu (F8).

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018

Okay, got it to boot off the USB stick, just had to disable Fast boot and enabled CSM, then turned off the system and back on again to make it appear.

But thankyou for the help, Colif!