Question Windows 10 won't recognize second screen from HDMI

Mar 2, 2021
Hello,

I am having an issue with my second screen (which is actually a TV) connected with HDMI. My graphics card is Intel's integrated graphics (Intel HD 4400). My main monitor is connected using VGA. Windows 10 won't recognize the second one. I have tried to force detect the monitor using the "Detect monitors" in the display settings. I have tried reinstalling my graphics drivers both using Windows Update and the official executable from Intel (I uninstalled the drivers from "Device manager" before installing the new one). My system is dual boot. Fedora Linux is recognizing the second screen and the dual monitor functionality is working like a charm. I have tried disconnecting the VGA monitor but Windows was outputting through HDMI only on the loading screen. Window's safe boot does provide output to the HDMI but never on both HDMI and VGA. Any idea what the issue is and how to solve it?

Thanks in advanced.

Mar 2, 2021
Did you enable multiple displays in the Intel Graphics app?
I tried to but there was no option like that available. The Single Display option was the only one available.
Untitled.png

Mar 2, 2021
Alright I feel dumb right know. I have no DVI cables and there is no HDMI input in any of the monitors if I am going to use my adapter to the PC's DVI how am I supposed to connect the HDMI to the displays when they have no HDMI port?

Mar 2, 2021
You mentioned using HDMI in the post starting this thread. Now, I am thoroughly confused.

Other than with VGA, what are you using to physically connect to the second display?
My primary display is connected through HDMI. My secondary is connected using HDMI cable and a DVI to HDMI connector on the display's DVI port (I forgot to mention the adapter on my question). Both the primary and the secondary display have no other ports other than the ones that I am using.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
From your original post on this thread, I think you have the following:

1. HDTV connected to your PC via HDMI

2. Monitor (assume it is a HP L1940 with a VGA and DVI port), but I am not clear how you are physically connecting it to your PC. Please explain.

Mar 2, 2021
From your original post on this thread, I think you have the following:

1. HDTV connected to your PC via HDMI

2. Monitor (assume it is a HP L1940 with a VGA and DVI port), but I am not clear how you are physically connecting it to your PC. Please explain.
The TV is not an HDTV the only PC port is the DVI one. I am using an DVI to HDMI adapter to connect it to the PC's HDMI output port.
The monitor is not the HP L1940, its the Lenovo L1940 and it has only a VGA port.

TRENDING THREADS