ilievxman99

Reputable
Apr 28, 2016
Hi all,

I am upgrading to an SSD next week and I will be installing a fresh Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1. I wish to not install , spyware updates and most importantly Windows 10 updates. I have a list given by this link:
Windows 7 Updates to avoid. However, there are quite a lot so is there a way to check for multiple updates at once before they are installed? Thanks!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I'm assuming you've already done all this on your existing HDD? If so, you could simply clone the drive as is.

However, W7 is no longer supported... so sooner or later, you're either going to have to make the switch to W10, or find an alternate OS. Might make more sense to rip that bandaid off now....

ilievxman99

Reputable
Apr 28, 2016
I'm assuming you've already done all this on your existing HDD? If so, you could simply clone the drive as is.

However, W7 is no longer supported... so sooner or later, you're either going to have to make the switch to W10, or find an alternate OS. Might make more sense to rip that bandaid off now....
NoI havent and I dont want to update to 10 yet

USAFRet

Titan
Hi all,

I am upgrading to an SSD next week and I will be installing a fresh Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1. I wish to not install , spyware updates and most importantly Windows 10 updates. I have a list given by this link:
Windows 7 Updates to avoid. However, there are quite a lot so is there a way to check for multiple updates at once before they are installed? Thanks!
By far, the vast majority of compromised PC's are those which have been purposely blocked from getting Updates.
Win 7, 8, 10, whatever.

Tread carefully.

Reactions: Barty1884
Mar 17, 2020
Hi all,

Hey, whats your CPU? if its intel or ryzen 7th gen, win 7 and 8 will block yourself from getting updates. If you got i5 no problem, but you got i7 or Ryzen 7 you might need to use a win update patcher.