Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
So, I’ve made a thread before on this and sent a RMA for my motherboard, they ended up LOSING my package and i just bought the same MOBO today. Before i go on here you lot go:

ASUS B550-f motherboard
Ryzen 5 5600x
1TB m.2 nvme Samsung evo plus
Gtx 1050ti
500gb HDD seagate
750w PSU
NZXT water cooler

I have done:
•installing windows on HDD still did not work
•cleaning my drives/partitions
•installing windows via creation tool on old usb
•installing windows via creation tool on new just bought USB from 30 mins ago
• safe mode
•windows repair
•disabled armory crate install

i originally had the same MOBO but Best Buy told me it was messed up, i sent it to asus repair center where i was told it was lost. RMA number on the box.
So i today at noon bought the same brand new MOBO at the same Best Buy, and STILL getting the same issues. I have not updated the bios just yet, i need help on which one i should do so i don’t mess it up and so i don’t have to mess the MOBO up more (people say downloading and downgrading to earlier bios will mess motherboards up) so that’s another question, beta version? Or the most recent stable version, cause i seen a forum where some guy downloaded a beta version and it helped.
I seen on another forum where it could be my GPU, but i don’t know for sure that it is that. I have not tried installing with 1 stick of ram, i assume i should so I’m not over loading volts via the CPU, GPU, and ram?
Sorry if this is a jumbled mess to read. When i install, it copies files and updates windows on part one of setup, but when rebooting, it loads to bios splash, goes to loading circles (small circles at first) then it changes display to bigger circles after a second or two. After which it says “just a moment” loads for a bit, acts like it’s gonna freeze and then keeps loading for a minute or two. Black screens, flashes bars of light, then goes to “select region and language” section. Then when i move the mouse or just let it sit there, it freezes.

Sometimes I’ll see the mouse and a loading wheel, other times i won’t and it’s just black. It will go black and go back to the same setup as before when trying to select a setting, then do it over again. Usually after the 4th time the pc decides to reboot and go through the same process again.

I can now narrow it down to:
A. Software issues (less likely since i bought a brand new USB) although it could be drivers trying to install whilst the installation is going ( i had to go into bios and disable “Asus armory crate” cause every now and again, i would see the install for that flicker on the screen while installing windows. For a quick second i would see it like i was in the windows dash.
B. Hardware issues, i don’t see how since everything is new (except for the GPU HDD.)
C. Something in my motherboard no connected correct and causing issues with it.
I can go into bios and do what ever i want just fine, just when i get into windows is when it messes up, so that makes me feel more that it’s software related.

it seems like no one else is having this issue but me after weeks almost a month of searching forums, and i have found a few that have just about the same issue, but the only one close enough to me had to deal with the BIOS. I want to get others inputs before i do that. So please if you have any questions let me know. Anything is a help RN. I need to get back on my PC ASAP. My job requires it. thank you, can’t wait to work with you!

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
Side note. When disabling armory crate, it will let me go through the settings, but it will freeze up when i move mouse, then unfreeze letting me click the next button. Takes a while to get to next setting, then freezes again when clicking next (when i can) so i think that it MAY be that there’s things in there trying to install whilst installing windows which i know is bad, also to mention i got to “internet connection” and there’s no options other than “i don’t have internet access”

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
I’m in windows as we speak. Apparently it was secure boot. Anyone who has this issue, go into ASUS bios and disable secure boot under CSM boot options. Save your keys to a USB just in case, then delete the “PK” specific key, nothing else. Reboot, and let it run its course. I lagged and lagged for me but got through it. Downloading drivers rn to make sure everything runs good.