Ajwork

Distinguished
May 29, 2012
I’ll preface this by saying that I’m already aware that SSDs are always faster and sometimes even more economical than HDDs with WRB configured, my purpose for posting this question is out of morbid curiosity.

Will Windows 10 and/or 7 allow WRB to be enabled on a USB stick when the OS is already installed on a 10k rpm HDD, or will it be considered “too fast” and not allow the feature to be enabled? Also, would the OS being installed on a RAID 0, 5 or 10 HDD array impact WRB compatibility?

Solution
another article....(seems to imply it might be helpful for folks without even remotely enough RAM)

Have enough RAM...

Get an SSD...

If you have enough RAM (preferably 16 GB if WIn10), the ReadyBoost feature is likely useless...

Ajwork

Distinguished
May 29, 2012
Nothing in that thread even remotely answers my question. Why would you link a thread having to do with WRB on SSDs when I’m specifically asking about 10k rpm HDDs? Did you not see where I specifically acknowledged that SSDs were superior to HDD+WRB combos?

another article....(seems to imply it might be helpful for folks without even remotely enough RAM)

Have enough RAM...

Get an SSD...

If you have enough RAM (preferably 16 GB if WIn10), the ReadyBoost feature is likely useless...

Solution