Question Wireless headphones for gaming & day to day

DanGi_CSGO

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2016
So I want some good quality wireless headphones ~£250 that I can use for daily commute to work but also for playing games on my PC (I play a lot of FPS games: EFT, CS, Valorant so directional sound is ideal, but 7.1 isn't as necessary as some people think)
I'm not wanting a mic with them, I'll either get a desk mic or a ModMic.
I'm finding it hard to find one that I can guarantee it will do what I want it to, and apparently the Sony XM5s aren't good for PC gaming.
I'm wanting:
- ~£250
- Either a detachable mic or an invisible mic
- Ideally 2.4GHz dongle connection ability for best connection (I think)
- Can be used while charging

From my research, I think the Sennheiser Momentum 4 will be my best bet.
Let me know what you think.

[Edit] I've tried wireless gaming headsets and for the ~£250 price mark something sucks, usually the microphone, and I'd rather not have some of the cost go toward something I wont use that is also constantly sitting in front of my face.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Reference:

"From my research, I think the Sennheiser Momentum 4 will be my best bet."

The reason being that the headphones satisfy all four of the listed requirements - correct?

Pros - understood. Do you see any "cons"?

My suggestion, if you have already not done so, is to go to Sennheiser's website and read the applicable headphone documentation and FAQs.

https://www.sennheiser-hearing.com/en-US/support/

(Do verify that I found the applicable website.)

Objective simply to help with the decision making process regardless of product and manufacturer.

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
If you are doing mostly gaming, the Momentum 4's are going to be a better choice than the Sony XM5. The Sony headphones have better ANC, which can help block out noise, better overall sound quality, and they support Sony's proprietary lossless Bluetooth codec (LDAC), but the Momentum 4 has significantly better battery life (60+ hours compared to Sony's rated 27), which is more important when playing games for long sessions. If you're okay with giving up some sound quality and ANC performance, the Sennheiser will be your best bet.