Woman Pays $200 For iPad, Receives Mirror Instead

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyGunDam

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
Yah, a silly friend of mine bought a brick in NYC off of a guy on the street too...he thought he was getting a camcorder...LOL, we make fun of him to this day.

[citation][nom]notuptome2004[/nom]This is weeks old maby couple of months old news you guys seem to post news way late[/citation]

All Toms articles are copied from other sites. They have to wait for someone else to find something, then copy it, err... I mean "cite" it. then fill it FL links to generate traffic, the insert misquotes of their own.citation, typos, and factual mistakes. It's a lot of work to find someone else to.copy then and still get all the facts you copied wrong. That takes time

G

this is a damn old trick they used back in the 80s in NYC, specially in China Town, a guy will walk around pretend he have something new wrap in the box, sell to unsuspected victim for cheap price...

calguyhunk

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]-Jackson[/nom]"a South Carolina woman paid $180 for what she thought was an iPad in a McDonald's parking lot last year -- she received wood instead.":If you know what I mean:[/citation]
A lot many might have given her wood for much less :p

Wamphryi

Distinguished
So she is upset that she got conned and ripped off. If the IPAD had of been real at that price then that means someone else out there got conned and ripped off as the IPAD would likely have been stolen. Seems she is unhappy that she is the one who got ripped off. Should that really be a crime? Those who are prepared to receive stolen goods get ripped off and no one got burgled in the meantime.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]LightningStryk17[/nom]HOW is this tech news? Honestly What a stupid article.[/citation]
C'mon, its from Zak. No wonder its totally un-newsworthy as is his 'thing'. Amazing though, that this time has is highlighting the gullibility of apply buyers which is something I've never seen him do before.

I saw a story somewhere about this dude that supplies small engines. He has two product SKUs. You can buy the one built overseas, or you can buy the American built, identical motor, for an extra $200. True story. Would this business model be scalable up to something like Apple? idk but the guy selling those engines was surprised at how many people opted for the more expensive one.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
It might now be techy worthy news, however, it is an issue that people will face this holiday season no matter the technology that is being offered.

Take out the APPLE from this story and replace it with your "favorite" tech toy.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
these ipad mirrors are for sale here for less than $10 each. planning to buy it for christmas as a gift with printed troll face inside. So much for the surprise, hope they didnt read this news.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
Zak are you planning on giving this woman back her $200? I know Tom's doesn't pay much, but you should get a real 2nd job instead of selling apple gear :)

valkain

Honorable
May 27, 2012
I'm not sure whats stupider.

The Fact this is on Toms Hardware and apparently news...

The fact she got suckered....

or The Fact she went public with her story so everyone can see her face and forever be branded as an easy mark...

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Why is she upset? She seemed fine when she thought she was getting a great deal (did she think to ask if/why the guy was selling an iPad at such a discount? - was it stolen)...

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]hahhaha as much as i'd love to blame Apple, dumb people will always be dump. What would you expect from "Jalonta", through it sounds the second women was happier "receiving WOOD instead"[/citation]

So why don't you tell everyone what we are supposed to expect from "Jalonta" and why would we expect it, based on her name?

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]Antimatter79[/nom]So why don't you tell everyone what we are supposed to expect from "Jalonta" and why would we expect it, based on her name?[/citation]
Now now, leave the republican alone...it is still upset at losing the election.

tydalwave

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]hahhaha as much as i'd love to blame Apple, dumb people will always be dump. What would you expect from "Jalonta", through it sounds the second women was happier "receiving WOOD instead"[/citation]

Irony - person spelling 'dumb' wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.