Solution
Thanx for the support all I had to do was shift it from A1 B1 to A2 B2 slots as B1 is next to cpu fan and it is some sort of defense mechanism against heating :giggle:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your link doesn't work for me. The rams you've picked out, which slots are they populating? Which BISO version are you on at the moment? Might want to inspect the CPU socket for bent or broken pins. Also, can you manually input timings, voltage and frequency in BIOS?

Make and model of your PSU?

Reactions: KillerCrock
I got a new system i5-10400 on PRIME-Z490M PLUS with GTX 1660super and 500Gb ssd Problem is my XPG SPECTRIX D60G 8GB DDR4 3000MHz won't go over 2666MHz and XMP won't boot
You need to establish your SPD (Serial Presence Detect) values and enter them in Bios.
There will not be an XMP profile as they are OC RAM.

You can obtain the SPD Timings from within Bios in the tools section or from CPUz in windows.
As you have just a single module you should slot it into A2 being the farthest slot from the CPU.
With Primary Timings and frequency set, adjust Dram voltage to suit,reboot and hope for the best.
If no go then you may have to use the DRAM calculator to determine Secondary timings.

Reactions: KillerCrock
Oct 7, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your link doesn't work for me. The rams you've picked out, which slots are they populating? Which BISO version are you on at the moment? Might want to inspect the CPU socket for bent or broken pins. Also, can you manually input timings, voltage and frequency in BIOS?

Make and model of your PSU?
prime z490m plus I doubt any pins are broken as I got it yesterday My PSU is 600W Thermaltake smart series ...

Oct 7, 2020
You need to establish your SPD (Serial Presence Detect) values and enter them in Bios.
There will not be an XMP profile as they are OC RAM.

You can obtain the SPD Timings from within Bios in the tools section or from CPUz in windows.
As you have just a single module you should slot it into A2 being the farthest slot from the CPU.
With Primary Timings and frequency set, adjust Dram voltage to suit,reboot and hope for the best.
If no go then you may have to use the DRAM calculator to determine Secondary timings.
I will try DRAM calculator … To clarify I have 2 8GB rams ...

I will try DRAM calculator … To clarify I have 2 8GB rams ...

You are trying to mix RAM kits which is never a good idea even with the exact same P/N.
Return what you can and get a single kit (2x8) at a frequency the Motherboard supports. Choose from the MB QVL.
If your not sure I will recommend a suitable kit for you that are tested and known to work.

Go to Intel support site and obtain the latest Bios and chipset and update. Do this in Bios using the ASUS flash 3 utility.
Insert the modules in RAM slots B2 and A2 as per your manual on page 1-5.

Oct 7, 2020
Thanx for the support all I had to do was shift it from A1 B1 to A2 B2 slots as B1 is next to cpu fan and it is some sort of defense mechanism against heating :giggle:

Solution