[SOLVED] YouTube is choking my PC. Months of troubleshooting is inconclusive. What could be causing this?

Savage One

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
When I click on a YouTube video, each and every time the video was play for a second or two then stop while the audio plays for another second or two then also stops. When this happens YouTubes video player is also unresponsive or very slow. After a 3-15 seconds the video will catch up and all will go normally again, and I can click around the timeline of the video, all working normally.

I'll list pretty much everything of note i've found while troubleshooting.
-Incognito mode works just fine.
-Other video players work properly. (Twitch, Facebook, Twitter, ect.)
-None of my system components go under any exceptional load when clicking onto a video. (highest being CPU at around 24%, with many other programs running)

I initially thought this was a RAM thing, but after a recent Nvidia driver update it has gotten much worse. Which is way i post this within "graphics cards". I would expect it to be somewhere between the two or just Chrome but i'm at a loss. It's been a problem getting progressively worse for probably a year or more.

Relevant PC specs:
GTX 1080
i7-5820k
16Gb 2133 RAM
Windows 10

Solution
It is something in your browser config, IMO since incognito mode works. Try creating a new profile in your browser. That could help you identify if it is an extension you have loaded which would be available to all profiles or your specific profile.

kanewolf

Titan
It is something in your browser config, IMO since incognito mode works. Try creating a new profile in your browser. That could help you identify if it is an extension you have loaded which would be available to all profiles or your specific profile.

Solution

Savage One

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
I'm not sure how tabboo it is on this website, but could it be an adblock extension? I'm not at my PC for the next 45 mins or so, but do they keep a cache? I checked before for a "clear cache" kind of option but never could find it. Maybe install/reinstall. That's the only extension i have that could affect loading aspects (i think).