Sis

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Sis.
  1. jryan388

    What card to play Oblivion

    I am build a new gaming computer primarily to play oblivion. I want to get decent frame rates (20-30 fps minimum) preferably 30+ with a bunch of texture mods namely qtp3. Which card should I get? my budget is roughly $100 to 150, here are my specs: Motherboard - MSI 785gm-e65 CPU - Athlon II x2...
  2. R

    Digital coaxial output to RCA Cable

    I have a HDTV and the only output it has is the Digital Coaxial, I am trying to hook up a sound bar and only has RCA and S/PDIF inputs. Is there a way to convert this over?
  3. D

    Questions about buying a new hard drive to replace a failing one

    Ok so I have a question regarding a failing hard drive and what I can do with it as I am considering several possibilities. First off I have a Gateway DX4831-01e and i've had it for about 4 years now it has been a very reliable computer I have never had any problems with it but recently the...
  4. G

    Which laptop brand is the best

    Hello,what laptop brand shud i buy?
  5. bigkid

    Msconfig and processor(s)

    In another post someone said that, in msconfig, processors should be set to 2 for better performance.... my msconfig says 1 processor -- i have 2500k ---- should it be set to 2 and why ? Thanks for the info
  6. diznanl

    ATI Theater 650 or WinTV-HVR-1600? - which is better?

    Which is better? ATI Theater 650 Pro: Technical Specifications * 125 channel TV tuner with stereo audio * New worldwide video decoder o NTSC, PAL, SECAM support o 5-line 2D comb filter o Motion adaptive 3D comb filter * Worldwide audio decoder * 3:2 pull-down * Motion compensated noise...
  7. smithinator101

    What is your fav graphics cards

    hi i'm building my new PC and before i buy the new graphics card for it i would like to hear from all of you about what cards you like and don't like, what cards are good for what and anything else you would like to share. thanks.
  8. G

    control panel - howto delete weird object ?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) I have some goofy object in control panel. Icon look like the picture of the ace of diamonds. I've had this for a while. I'm pretty sure it got installed via a web page (back when I was still using Norton AV). My...
  9. G

    program level kill process

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) How can I kill a process at the program level in Win.XP? (e.g.) I start a really large filter in a graphics or audio program and I want to cancel it without killing the program that is running it. I’m not...
  10. Frustrated n confused

    Won't load pages HELP!

    Hi all, I have an issue. its about my new gaming computer (newish, about 5 months old) and the fact that it refuses to load gmail and a few other sites similar to this but they all seem to be "Google powered" Google searches however are immensely slow. My PC is connected straight to a modem...
  11. J

    Floppy & CD access problems

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I cannot read or write from my floppy (A:) or the CDRW (D:) drive. They both appear in Explorer / Disk Manager as working fine and are both enabled. Booting in "safe mode" they both work well. I have performed virus...
  12. Neuspeed

    Graphics Card - Good idea to put late model into an old system?

    Would it be a good idea to install a recent video card onto an old system? For instance, something like: Intel: LGA 775 mobo with a E6600 cpu AMD: Socket 939 mobo with FX-60 cpu /discuss
  13. G

    SP2 update probs for XP and Upload errors

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) Since trying to load SP2 for xp and unsuccessfully several time with [Error number: 0x80072EE2] being the reply. I now cannot upload at all! No attachments to email or placing mp3 files onto the web or anything as...
  14. D

    Performance

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) After installing SP2 on XP pro the overall system has slowed dowm dramatically...how can I get it back up to the speed prior to SP2?? Tks.
  15. A

    Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart.

    Hi, my laptop is messed up. Whenever I start it, it would say "Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart." I have tried using a different HDD, but then it gives blue screen and says that I have to change something through the BIOS. I have tried plugging the non-working HDD to my PC, with my PC's HDD still...
  16. D

    C2D, PSU

    hi there will 400 watt akasa PSU do for a C2D e6300 with 2Gb ram, and 7600gs, it will be used to run vist in 64bit. also is it worth paying more for a NCQ harddrive, its for the family, only need thing worth paying for! many thanks!
  17. ShindoSensei

    Should i get the GTX 690/ TITAN or Crossfire 7970s?

    I'm building a new gaming rig, I will be using an intel processor (probably the 3970x), water cooled, with 4X4GB of RAM, and a 2560x1440 monitor. Since I'm water cooling I will do a bit of overclocking. My biggest battle now is whether to buy a GTX TITAN or 690. Which is better for a single...
  18. S

    Can you downgrade sony Vaio to XP. I removed the vista hard driv ? Doe

    I had a Sony Vaio with V ista. It crashed so I had the hard drive taken out. I have since installed a new hard drive and windows 7 which I hate. I want go back to XP. I have an X P that came with my old desk top HP. Can I install this in this computer? Also, I have no control over my cursor...
  19. W

    Need help with assembling my computer. Please critique!

    Hi!! Im deciding to build myself a computer (with the help of a friend). The thing is that in the past I have always replaced RAM modules, harddrives, even power supplies. But this is the first time that I am building something from scratch. Thus I need your help to know whether the following...
  20. E

    Best Card For My System

    Hello Everybody I was thinking about graphics card that is best for my system for maybe year and a half. This is my system configuration: Intel Pentium Prescott 3.0 HT 478 Asus Motherboard P4P800 SE Twinmos Speed Premium 2x512 MB of Memory in Dual Mode Gigabyte GeForce 6600 Turbo AGP 128 MB...
  21. Dshazz

    New X800 XT Owner :)

    Hello All, I just got my ATI X800 XT, and I love it. Switching from Nvidia to ATI was a painless process, and the performance difference between this and my old BFG 6600GT is like night and day. It's certain to extend my AGP time given that I have a decent system otherwise. Take care,
  22. Black_Cat

    Klipsch Promedia 5.1 RIP

    The amp in the sub has gone bad. It'll cost me $90 to ship it out and have it fixed. Obviously the satellites are still good. Any reasonable alternatives? Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. -- Homer Simpson
  23. A

    epox8rda+and S/PDIF

    Hello everybody, what is this device(S/PDIF) like? and how is this device used...
  24. L

    AMD to cut 15% of workforce

    <A HREF="http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20021114/tc_nm/tech_amd_dc_2 " target="_new">http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20021114/tc_nm/tech_amd_dc_2 </A>
  25. L

    Need help! P4 1.4 Ghz

    I happened upon a free P4 1.4 Ghz and as I am normally a amd buyer I don't know whether its a 423 chipset or a 478. If someone could tell me where to go to see the different chipset sizes compared that would be great. (I think I remeber seeing that in one of the cpu guides on this site) All I...
  26. S

    A7V266-E owners, post here

  27. R

    Puzzled and ready to give up.

    I bought an IWill KA266-R mobo, put a 1200 AMD on it, with 256 of unbuffered nonECC RAM. I can't get this to do anything. Iwill told me it was because I was using ECC RAM so I switched it out. All I get is one long beep after another. According to AWARDs error beep list that means the RAM is...
  28. T

    Upgrade or Trash?

    I would like a little feedback on what I should do. Please don't laugh but ... I am still using a PII 400 with 256MB of ram. Asus P2B-S Current Video card is a Diamond Multimedia Monster 3D VooDoo2. Would I see any significant increase in 3D gaming performance if I got an inexpensive card...
  29. S

    win2k, AGP, and AMD patch

    Maybe this has already been posted, but I have had tons of problems with my AMD Athlon TBird, Win 2000, and Geforce card. The computer always locks up on me. So I found this patch on AMD's website....I thought others might be interested...
  30. P

    ADD2 Graphics Cards

    What are some goods ADD2 Graphics Cards that are about $100 with a max of $150 (If there are any extremely good Cards for a little it above that feel free to put them down). And is the Asus Radeon HD 7770-DC-1GD5-V2 Compatible with ADD2?
  31. B

    [Solved]Red/Green Colorblind Gamer: Approx 350 USD Recommendation

    Copy/pasted template(?) Approximate Purchase Date: The sooner the better Budget Range: $350 max unless you can twist my arm Monitor Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming > Internet > Movies/TV Shows > * Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, Amazon (Prime), microcenter (local...
  32. L

    New PVA versus used S-PVA?

    Hello, I am a freelance photographer looking for a flat panel monitor for doing my own photo and video editing. So far I have found two very options from Eizo for about the same price: 1) Used Eizo HD2441W - this is a 24 inch unit from 2007 in excellent condition with 16-bit S-PVA, video...
  33. bairav

    My monitor has a problem..pl z help..!!!?

    I have LG 700E CRT monitor with the max resolution of 1024x768. When I boot my computer, the display is working fine. but when I restart my computer then there starts the problem.... My Monitor shutdowns and displays nothing, only the DISPLAY LIGHT blinks continuously... similarly, when I...
  34. chchom22

    HELP..monitor for pc/ps3 gaming and HD movies

    buying a monitor for the first time in over 10 years... from the little research ive done, it seems i should get an LED monitor im looking for a 24" monitor Dont know much about IPS and other technologies, also what brands do you recommend--NEC, BENQ seem high class any input would be great...
  35. P

    Photo too red, hair not brown using Canon i560

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) The people in the photos that I print on my Canon i560 have a reddish tint. Not really, really reddish, but just enough to be noticeable and hair is not as brown as it should be. How do I get them to print a little tan/browner? I'm...
  36. P

    C5700

    I've got a problem with my oki c5700 printer. After a thunderstorm, which has destroyed my switch and router, the printer broke down as well. I've opened it and examined, no capacitor looks broken. After turning on the display says 'communication error' only, without any specified error code...
  37. P

    Conversion DVI to BNC

    Dear Sir, How can we get video on BNC port from DVI port? Please reply on below mentioned mail id. Thanking you. Regards Hari e-mail pdcs@mtnl.net.in
  38. envymert

    Monitor problem

    I recently bought a Samsung HDTV monitor, I have a 5970 and use the HDMI cables to hook it up. However it cannot auto detect and resize the screen. Due to this the text looks kinda grainy and in games stuff is not as crisp as before with my 24 inch with the same resolution. Any ideas? Would...
  39. tigerfries

    Wireless Keyboard with Trackpad?

    Hey all, So I am looking to build a gaming/media computer. I am looking at wireless keyboards with a trackpad because the goal is to have my computer attached to my normal 24in widescreen monitor and a 42in plasma screen tv for movies and the such. I want to be able to operate my computer (on...
  40. J

    RX500

    Hello, I have a RX500 printer. Black ink is low, and as I go to change it, I can't get "set-up" on the screen. It is stuck on "scan". Help!