Sis

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Sis.
  1. G

    A4 printers for wider-than-A4 paper?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I need an A4 printer which can accept paper 25 cm wide (9,84 inches). I don't need to print all the way to the right margin, what's important is that the printer can accommodate the wider paper. Can anybody suggest a model that will do...
  2. G

    hp self test explain

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Hello Does anybody know what does all these mean? here is the link http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5755/untitled0of1.jpg Thanks PS:Are these values normal?Does zero mean perfect?
  3. G

    Software disc for the Digital Rebel (300D)

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?) I bought this camera used and the guy did not have the software disc. Canon does not make this available online, and wants to charge for it to send to me. If anyone can make an image of this and make it available for me to...
  4. G

    adobe rgb v srgb

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Not only in photoshop but in my camera i have the option of adobe rgb or srgb. How much of a difference does it make to colour accuracy?
  5. O

    Photo print paper size

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I have a Canon Pixma i5000 printer and think the trimming function of the Canon Easy Photo Print software is very nice. However the program only recognizes a very limited selection of paper sizes such as A4, 4x6 and 5x7. I would like to...
  6. S

    laser for my small office

    I am going to have to admit I am stupid, lazy, and cheap about printers. Here's the story: 1. I need a small mono laser printer that gives decent looking output (600 dpi or better) Almost no images, mostly letters and stuff like that, biggest image might be a less than 1 square inch logo. 2...
  7. T

    Please help me choose a monitor!

    Hello. I've been looking for a monitor to replace my 17" CRT for a while, but can't seem to decide for one. Reviews are pretty confusing and non-conclusive, so here's the question. I need a 19" LCD that will do well for gaming AND desktop/professional use, and prefferably with DVD video too...
  8. G

    Recommend multifunction B&W printer?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) My Dell printer (A940) is giving me grief, so I'm considering getting a new one. I don't need color; I use it just for documents, so I'm guessing a laser printer is the right idea. I'd like to be able to scan, copy & fax as well as...
  9. G

    Standard IDE Harddrive for Magicolor 3300 - possible?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Hi, thought about installing a harddrive in my Magicolor 3300 but it seems Konica Minolta uses some kind of unconventional plug (50 pin). But since they talk about "IDE Harddrives" in the manual I hope someone can help me out with the...
  10. R

    Color reversal with an Epson 2200?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I have an Epson 2200 that changes magenta to pale lime green on some images. Before you ask, yes the ink refills are in the right places and the magenta one is not filled with green (nor cyan) ink. Is there some magic start-up button...
  11. G

    epson r200 loading cd tray

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) can any body help having proplem with the cd tray on my epson r200 when inserted i get a blinking of 2 lights with the on button lit up when i try to insert tray a little further passed arrow points still know diffrents, i have printer...
  12. G

    A laser for photos

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I have Googled this group and found a lot of information but most of it dates back several years. So, I guess I am seeking current info. I need to replace my ancient laser and have just gotten a digital camera. I really don't want to...
  13. G

    TrackerCam

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?) Asked it before, I'll ask it again, anyone here using or used trackercam software? regards, Dion L Heap www.thetophouse.com
  14. G

    Epson Printer question

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) This is a cross-post, because I received no useable information in the other NG. I have a Epson Stylus Photo R300 Printer. I recently noticed that on the 3 (printing) Preferences screens, the data and fonts are too large for the screen...
  15. G

    Hacking a Printer

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Since I am aware that several electronic devises can be hacked to give them more features I was wondering if this is possible with printers. I have a Canon Pixma IP3000 which produces great results. What I find however is that even...
  16. G

    Advice on a faulty Epson 1160?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I have recently purchased a used Epson Stylus Color 1160 with the intention of converting it to a B&W printer with MIS Ultratone inks. I installed the cartridges and it prints a test page just fine, but the printer is choking on all...
  17. S

    broken printers by the dozen

    I would like to know why every printer i've ever known has stopped working after not being used after a while yet it they still have enough ink and cleaning doesn't help at all.
  18. G

    Odd error with Visio 2003 and Officejet 7310

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) After a certain amount of hassle I now have my Officejet working OK with Win2k. However I now have an issue when printing diagrams from Visio 2003, other programs (well the ones I've tried so far) all seem to work OK. When I print from...
  19. R

    Epson 2100 Glossy Paper available in UK?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Hi, As Epson seem to have discontinued the Glossy Paper S41350 in the UK does anyone know of an alternative in A3. TDK has been suggested but I cannot find this size. Any sources known for the full range. Does anyone know why it was...
  20. G

    HP Laserjet 4V

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Please does anyone have instructions to remove the fuser assembly from the printer Thanks ian [please canyou email me kasfig@aol.com
  21. G

    CX5200 Cartridge Error

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) This is all pilot error and I'm hoping for some suggestions.... The yellow cartridge was running out, so I put in a brand new Print-Rite cartridge and the yellow would not print out. I tried another new one and the same thing. I...
  22. M

    Try to find the better 19'' LCD monitor

    I was researching the Internet try to find a affordable 19 inch LCD monitor. I got following 3 monitors in my list and they are NEC 1970NX, Samsung 910T, Viewsonic VP191s. Could anyone tell me which one is better please. (I also want to know where are these monitor made?) Any suggestion will be...
  23. M

    Placing an inkjet printer on a small table

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Hi, Will it be OK to place an inkjet (all-in-one) printer on a small table that will likely vibrate a bit when it's printing? I want to get an all-in-one, but don't have space on my desk to put it. Thanks.
  24. T

    Ink usage? Epson CX5400

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Christmas 2003 I received a brand new Epson CX5400 printer. It's quite a nice machine, because it can be also used as scanner or copier. As bought it was fitted with an Epson TO321 black cartridge and the three colour cartridges. In mid...
  25. G

    Is there a good photo printer for mass production?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I run a recreation program for Washington State and we are looking to buy a photo printer that will print 4X6 prints that look just like 35mm. We are currently using a poloroid spectra and we are looking to get out of the dark ages! We...
  26. G

    Canon PIXMA

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) What does the "PIXMA" refer to in some of the Canon printers? I'm looking at the i9900 (but it's not a PIXMA), mainly for the size of the prints, but I wonder if there will be a "PIXMA' version of this coming out soon? I read somewhere...
  27. G

    How to tell that toner in HP LJ 2100 is running out ?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Will there be any notification like special combination of blinking lights (this printer doesn't have an LCD or LED screen) ? Or it will just start spitting out blank pages ? Or the output will become lighter gradually ?
  28. G

    Epson R300 and Bluetooth

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Must I use the Epson Bluetooth printer adapter on my R300?! Can't I use a generic USB booth adapter?! Has anyone made it work? I'm getting the error "The connected device cannot be used" flashing on the LCD screen when I plug in my...