Spreadsheet

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Spreadsheet.
  1. D

    deleted my fonts folder, now application menus are out of ..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) a while back i downloaded a ton of new fonts, but eventually, decided i didn't need them anymore. w/o a quick way to uninstall them, i just deleted everything in my fonts folder, then restored the default fonts...
  2. sbuster0922

    External WD hard drive question.

    I have the 500GB WD My Passport and one day it stopped working I plugged it in there was nothing on it and it took forever to come up now it won't even read on a computer. Is the hard drive just done for now? or is there any way I could possibly get it to work again?
  3. R

    RAM questions

    Can anyone explain tightening and losening up ram? I'm currently running Kingston Hyper X 1600MHz with 9,9,9,27 at 1.65v recommended timing and voltage. Also would it be faster to run 1300MHz with the CPU-Z recommended JDEC of 9,9,9,25 at 1.5v? Thanks for the advice.... Case: NZXT Phantom 7 fan...
  4. B

    Icons lost

    Hello, loose icons after monitor sleeps
  5. mpjesse

    Dual Processors

    Question: How much of an advantage is it to have dual processors? I'm thinking of buying a dual processor board and putting some P3 933mhz CPU's on a dual 370 board. I know you have to use Linux or WinNT/2000 for the CPU's to work- but is there a big performance increase compared to 1 processor...
  6. M

    Poll Which 3.3MP is best?

    Which 3.3 megapixel digicam is the best out there from these three or another one that you like? Sony S70 Olympus 3030 Nikon 990 Other???
  7. A

    Newbie With Cable Issue!

    Take a look at this cable: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200374&Tpk=N82E16812200374 I was told I needed to purchase this along with a Sony slimline slot load optical drive. I have the two red cables attached to the drive and the other end of the red cable to the...
  8. S

    Maxtor 1TB hdd suddenly not working...

    I bought this 7200RPM 32MB cache 3.5" HDD about a year ago, used it on my old desktop for a while (Music production, films, downloading, etc) and recently (well, like 4 months ago) I bought a HDD eSata/USB case (Pluscom) so that I can use have my valuable contents on my new laptop (Dell Studio...
  9. K

    Dvd tray wont stay open

    i have 2 dvd writers. one came with computer tray will not stay open bought a hp dvd writer same issue replace harddrive restored all components to factory.........same thing dvd writer will not stay open longer than couple seconds. I have held it, install cd it tells me disc error. I tried...
  10. sagar023

    How to Overclock Intel E2220 ?

    I am new to overclocking, can anyone help me overclock my Intel E2220 Chip @2.40, I've seen many get a speed of 3.40 GHZ with the same chipset though anything around 2.8 GHZ would do for me :D How do I start with the procedure ?
  11. Ian

    CD drives don't display

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) My CD ROM drive doesn't work, it shows up in the post as there, and in the bios, and it opens and closes, also it shows up in system/hardware but the one place it doesn't show up is My Computer and it doesn't auto play...
  12. G

    No longer reading CD DVD drives

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I have a Yamaha CDW2100E drive, which has worked fine for several years. However, recently it stopped reading disks. The drive appears in "my computer" and in device manager, but no longer reads any CDROM, not the...
  13. K

    Xp booting messes up

    i am running the operating system windows xp professional and when i switch my computer on the computer gets to the point where it shows the black screen with the windows xp slogon with the blue (with windows xp home the bar is green) progress bar, then when it finishes that stage of booting it...
  14. 4

    windows xp startup problems

    Hi, Recently I download a degragmenting program from www.download.com and it was called Diskeeper 8.0. During the degragmenting progress, the computer froze before the defragmenting was done (about 25% of the way). I then restarted the computer, and it brought up a disc check for my main hd...
  15. G

    NT Backup Utility

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?) Having an issue with NT Backup Utility. My assumption is that NT Backup is designed to backup to one tape/media only. The problem I am having is that the NT Backup names all tapes with the same name after a backup is...
  16. S

    [Solved] USB 3.0 port not working

    Hello everyone! I've never posted here before, but I'm not sure where else to look for help. Google wasn't much help, so I'm looking to all of you tech savvy people. Here's my problem... I recently bought a USB 3.0 compatible external harddrive because a computer I bought earlier this year...
  17. M

    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43) bluet

    Hello, Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) how can I solve the problem?
  18. G

    Logon Banner

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?) How can i disable a logon banner? thanks.
  19. M

    Steelseries USB Soundcard with Asus Vulcan?

    Hello, so im propably going to buy asus vulcan, and i have steelseries usb soundcard, and my question is Should i buy better soundcard ? or steelseries usb soundcard will be good enough. Thank you! :)
  20. D

    ECC worth the cost in this server build?

    I'm about to throw together a server for my cousin's small business because they are a bit short on cash and can't afford an IT admin ATM. It will be storing contacts and payroll information alongside a little miscellaneous data, AutoCAD files, and some encrypted business documents. Storage will...
  21. jessepage1989

    2010 Build 1090T questions about upgrades

    Current build. 2 x Crucial M4 128gb Raid 0 1X sapphire 5870 2gb link Phenom II x6 1090T MSI 890FXA-GD70 link cooler master V8 1050w psu 16gb corsair vengeance 1600 I pretty much just play main stream pc games wow, d3, sc2 etc. Maybe a little AutoCAD and light photoshop My...
  22. G

    Synchronising Windows 98 & XP with 2000 Time server via Gr..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?) Hi I was wondering if you can enforce the use of the Windows Time server via group policy. I have a domain running Active Directory and the Domain Controller has its clock checked and set every month. Do the 98 and XP...
  23. O

    Compatiability

    Is the processor from a mPGA 478socket motherboard compatible any other motherboard ? If so what would it be? Thanks
  24. Sythix

    Jane, stop it.

    Every single NON technology related article on here is by you. I can pinpoint the article author as you just by reading titles. Now you've done some good work, but this isn't E! or liveleak or a blog about people killing each other with TV remotes. I came to read about Hardware and Tech news...
  25. G

    Lock down terminal server?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?) Hi there, We have a 2k3 terminal server and some workstations. Users log on to the terminal server through their workstations. Because the server also functions as DC and file server, we want to lock the normal users...
  26. S

    Can I install two Enterprise CA on same domain in two diff..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?) Hi I have two Domain Controllers on a domain. One DC has installed a Enterprise Subordinate CA. I wish to install a Enterprise CA on the other DC ... Is it possible? I mean does not cause any conflict inside my domain? Thanks
  27. G

    Taking care of MS Security Updates for the network.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?) I have a WinNT4 SP6 network comprising of WinNT4 servers, WinNT4 workstations & WinXP workstations. I spend a LOT of time keeping each machine up-to-date wrt MS security updates, and I can't do it anymore! At the moment, I have...
  28. J

    Can't login to windows NT

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?) Just upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 NT. Login page shows User Name: default Password: I can not remember my password and can't seem to move past this page. Anyone know how to get back in and remove this login...
  29. Y

    LIVE UPDATE

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?) WINDOWS ME TO WINDOWD 2000 PROFESSIONAL AND NOW I CAN'T RUN LIVE UPDATE. MESSAGE READS WINDOWS 2000 5.0 SERVICE PACK 4. FILES COULD NOT BE UPDATED.
  30. G

    PS/2 "keyboard" not working on Thinkpad T20 w/ 98SE

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,comp.sys.laptops (More info?) Hi, I have a digital game controller from a company called ACT Labs which plugs into the keyboard PS/2 port and is supposed to be identified by the system as a keyboard. However, I can't seem to get it...
  31. D

    What is my custom pc worth? Please READ

    Ok so I got this computer not even a couple months ago and would like to see what it is worth? Specs Case & PSU: Cooler Master Elite 360 w/350W Operating System: Windows 7 Home Professional CPU: AMD A6 3650 2.6 ghz APU w/HD Radeon 5530 - Disabled Motherboard: ASUS F1A75-M LE GPU: HD Radeon...
  32. S

    Dll NOT found - mswebapi.dll

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?) My puter started this am w/missing dll dialog box on desktop, desktop didn't completely load & I restarted & all was well. Missing dll is mswebapi.dll & I don't find this dll on my puter. Google searches identify this dll...
  33. Z

    CPU temperature

    recently my gaming computer has had FPS issues and i believe its due to CPU temperature. My CPU is running at 184F I believe that it should be no higher than 120-130 could this cause my FPS to drop? and what is a fix? new CPU or reapply thermal compound? any help appreciated!
  34. I

    Just bought laptop from currys says error 800700002

    Hello, hi just brought laptop yesterday try to update windows keeps saying error 80070002
  35. ihatehismap

    Question about bottleneck

    My friend is planning to buy a new computer and upgrade to graphics card. The computer will come with an intel core i5 2320. I graphics card he is planning to upgrade to is a gtx 570. I am wondering if the cpu will bottleneck the graphics card. :hello:
  36. B

    AMD FX 8-core vs. Dual Quad-COre xeon

    Hello, I am building a high end computer for gaming, and video editing. What is better; An AMD FX 8-core or dual Xeon Qud-Core?
  37. F

    What Distro

    My 40gb hard drive crapped out on me, and I'm forced to use my 4.3gb backup until I can get a new one. Basically want a stable out of the box ready to go distrobution that will fit on less than 2gb of space... Installed the new Knoppix 3.3 and only 1.1gb of free space left. Wanna run...
  38. majorgibly

    PC Won't boot (With Video)

    Right so I thought I would throw the video in there just maybe to clear somethings up and I don't have thing installed upside down and so forth. I have no idea what the problem is and I have not overclocked anything to that can't be the problem, and help right now is much needed lol. Cheers...
  39. R

    My Buffalo HD-PX320U2 is not working in windows 7

    I have a new system AMD phenom II 6x black edition and I'm using windows 7 64 bit home premium, anybody who can help me to find out how my Buffalo HD-PX320U2 work in windows 7 OS. Thanks and more power peru