Windows 98SE

Page 7 - Forum discussion tagged with Windows 98SE.
  1. E

    Driver newer video card for Y530

    Hello,
  2. Brabant

    Windows 7 how can i get back a lost profile and all its settings

    Hello, Suddenly on Friday 13th July (is this merely a coincidence) my user profile - and I am the only user on this laptop vanished. Fortunately I had backed up 99% of my files BUT I have lost all my E-mail history and all my Firefox Bookmarks. I have rebuilt from what I have but am suffering...
  3. G

    AV receiver missing 5.1 channel inputs

    Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?) I have just bought a new home cinema 5.1 speaker and receiver package, but notice that there is only provision for left and right audio input for the DVD player, instead of 6 (5.1) seperate multi channel inputs for the DVD player. (My DVD...
  4. G

    TV card compartible with ubuntu

    Could you please let me know which tv card is most compatible with ubunyu 9.10
  5. Hockeyguyinoc

    Core I7 920 System Suggestions

    I need some input my Aunt has asked me to build a computer for my uncle, who mainly computer programs, for his birthday. I have heard great things about the Core i7 920 and its ability to be overclocked. I am looking to have it overclocked to at least 3.2ghz for daily use. This is the setup...
  6. R

    Windows only shows 4GB instead of 8GB

    I have an MSI Big Bang Fuzion motherboard if I install RAM in slots A1/A2 then Windows reports 8GB If I put ram in slots A1/B1 then the BIOS reports 8GB, but Windows 7 64-bit only reports 4GB (I tried with Ubuntu 10.10 x64 and it also reports only 4GB) My question is 1) If I put memory in...
  7. Z

    RIM Ships 6.9 Million BlackBerrys in Q3, Loses Subscribers

    Smartphone maker reports profit during fiscal third quarter due to favorable tax settlement. RIM Ships 6.9 Million BlackBerrys in Q3, Loses Subscribers : Read more
  8. P

    AMD to Intel PC/ HDD Question

    I'm switching from AMD to Intel, new mobo/cpu/ram... except the HDD's if possible. I have two 36GB Raptors with WindowsXP-SP2 in RAID 0, and I would like to keep the data on them. Can I just hook them to the SATA ports and go or do I need to take intermediate steps to make it work? I'm sure I...
  9. G

    Cadence Announces First DDR4 Controller and PHY IP in 28-nm

    Electronic design automation company Cadence said that it has qualified its DDR4 SDRAM physical layer (PHY) and memory controller design IP in TSMC's 28-nm production process. Cadence Announces First DDR4 Controller and PHY IP in 28-nm : Read more
  10. O

    vga update

    Hello, sir, i want to upgrade my vga to battlefield 3,can you help me on latest driver?
  11. tuannguyen

    Love PCs? Love Helping? Donate Just One Dollar

    "A little helps a lot." Love PCs? Love Helping? Donate Just One Dollar : Read more
  12. A

    Custom Boot-up

    Quite awhile ago, I purchased an Alienware M11x. No, I don't like it, so no rage comments please. Anyways, it has a custom boot-up sequence. First, it displays an alien head with a loading bar. After, it goes to the windows animation, but it has an alienware background image. I find this kind of...
  13. ronbo613

    Service Pack 3 Install Kills Computer

    I'm trying to get an XP Pro with Intel P4 3.2, Intel 875PBZ mobo, 2G RAM back in service. I'm trying to run Windows Update, every time I install Service Pack 3 from the Windows Update website, the computer will not reboot, a black screen comes up. It's a legit OEM Windows OS, it runs fine until...
  14. exfileme

    Micrsoft: XP's MS10-15 BSOD Caused by Malware

    That pesky malware is always up to no good. Micrsoft: XP's MS10-15 BSOD Caused by Malware : Read more
  15. Marcus Yam

    BSA: Software Piracy Cost $50 Billion in 2008

    According to a study by the Business Software Alliance, pirated software accounted for 41 percent of all software used on PCs in 2008, up from 38 percent in 2007. BSA: Software Piracy Cost $50 Billion in 2008 : Read more
  16. G

    Recording a Banjo - Recommendations

    Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?) I'm going to be adding a banjo to a song in the next couple of weeks. Any recommendations for where to position microphones? My recording room is about 15x20 and not extremely dead (and the room sound isn't good). I do have a couple of movable...
  17. G

    Despite Dominance Of LCDs, Opportunities Remain For Emerging Display Technologie

    LCD is the dominant display technology for most electronic products, including televisions, computer monitors, notebook PCs, ultra mobile PCs (UMPCs), MP3/portable media players (PMPs) and mobile phones. Despite Dominance Of LCDs, Opportunities Remain For Emerging Display Technologies, Says...
  18. S

    What is the name of the sound card for inspiron 5100

    my motherboard does not tell me the name. and i cant seem to find it. help plz?
  19. G

    Taiwan mobo makers to support Nvidia's upcoming nForce4 SLI for Intel

    At least eight Taiwan motherboard makers have been preparing models using Nvidia's new nForce4 SLI Intel Edition media and communications processor (MCP). Taiwan mobo makers to support Nvidia's upcoming nForce4 SLI for Intel : Read more
  20. Crashman

    Origin PC Eon11-S: Great Gaming Performance From A Tiny Notebook?

    Is the tug-of-war between gaming performance and portability finally over? Origin PC believes that Lucidlogix's software can help bring these two ideas together, combining Nvidia's GeForce GT 650M and Intel's Core i7-3720QM in an 11.6” chassis. Origin PC Eon11-S: Great Gaming Performance From A...