deadpool7284

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
Hey guys, so recently I got the MSI Ventus 3080ti. So when I connected it to my motherboard and booted my pc. The problem is when I boot my pc I realize it is pretty laggy and when I go to check to see if my pc is reading the gpu all it says is Microsoft integrated graphics. So I tried to reconnect it assuming I did something wrong, but to no avail the same thing happened. Now there is something else though, when I connected my 3080, I didn’t have a second 8 pin connector, so I got one plugged it into my PSU, but I connected it into the part of the PSU that says “VGA3”. So now I think I might have just plugged it into the wrong port on the PSU. Still I am not sure though. Another problem I was possibly thinking of was that maybe my pc is not producing enough watts to power it or my motherboard might be outdated for a gpu like that.

SPECS:
i7-7700k
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
ASUS Rogstrix b250h motherboard
850W EVGA Bronze Series PSU

If you need any more info just reply and I’ll let you know!

Last edited:
Hey guys, so recently I got the MSI Ventus 3080ti. So when I connected it to my motherboard and booted my pc. The problem is when I boot my pc I realize it is pretty laggy and when I go to check to see if my pc is reading the gpu all it says is Microsoft integrated graphics. So I tried to reconnect it assuming I did something wrong, but to no avail the same thing happened. Now there is something else though, when I connected my 3080, I didn’t have a second 8 pin connector, so I got one plugged it into my PSU, but I connected it into the part of the PSU that says “SATA 3”. So now I think I might have just plugged it into the wrong port on the PSU. Still I am not sure though. Another problem I was possibly thinking of was that maybe my pc is not producing enough watts to power it or my motherboard might be outdated for a gpu like that.

SPECS:
i7-7700k

try these step by step:
  • Unplug the gpu
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall all nvidia gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (should be 8 on yours, if it asks for restart, click on no and proceed uninstalling the rest) and chipset (in system devices) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• plug the gpu back

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did in the bios), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

If razer synapse the issue, it's better to disable it.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any, install them all (except for chipset driver). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest windows update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Last edited:
Hey guys, so recently I got the MSI Ventus 3080ti. So when I connected it to my motherboard and booted my pc. The problem is when I boot my pc I realize it is pretty laggy and when I go to check to see if my pc is reading the gpu all it says is Microsoft integrated graphics. So I tried to reconnect it assuming I did something wrong, but to no avail the same thing happened. Now there is something else though, when I connected my 3080, I didn’t have a second 8 pin connector, so I got one plugged it into my PSU, but I connected it into the part of the PSU that says “VGA3”. So now I think I might have just plugged it into the wrong port on the PSU. Still I am not sure though. Another problem I was possibly thinking of was that maybe my pc is not producing enough watts to power it or my motherboard might be outdated for a gpu like that.

SPECS:
i7-7700k

Exact model of PSU? A bronze PSU is generally a big no for me if it is to be paired with one of the most power hungry/demanding GPUs in circulation right now.

Dec 6, 2021

SPECS:
i7-7700k

I think I'm going through something similar on a PNY 3080ti. Did you figure this out?

TRENDING THREADS