Deus Vu1t

Honorable
May 19, 2017
Hi all

I recently bought an unopened Asrock ATX board for basically free which I want to use with my second system. I have a Ryzen 7 1700 which doesn't seem to POST and when I put a speaker in it gives me 5 beeps. All that happens is that my monitor says "No signal detected" so it recognizes that there is a source. A quick google search tells me its a CPU error so I grabbed a spare Ryzen 3 1200 which I know for sure is not faulty which also provides the same 5 beeps. I already tried replacing every stick of RAM in every single combination of slots, I tried 2 different GPUS (1050ti and 2060), I tried resetting CMOS.

The only thing I could think of is that my 5 year old bequiet PSU could be the issue but I plug it into another system and it works fine. I'm king of stumped with this one and I don't want to go and waste money buying more parts for it to give me the same 5 beeps.

before anyone says anything, I tried different display cables and monitors and I am indeed plugging the display to the GPU and not the board

Any Thoughts?

This systems specs:
Asrock X370 Killer SLI
R7 1700/ R3 1200
GTX 1050 Ti
Hyperx Fury DDR4 2667Mhz 32gb (4x8)
Bequiet Pure Power 10 Semi Modular PSU
Samsung 500gb SSD
WD Blue 1tb HDD @7.2KRPM

Thanks in advance :)

Deus Vu1t

Honorable
May 19, 2017
It could very well be a dead motherboard. From where did you purchase it?
I got it from Amazon and it was advertised as never opened. My first guess was the motherboard but I've tried the same with an older working a320 board and it's the same issue. I'm guessing the only possibility is that they're both somehow faulty or both the CPUs. Idk

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Two unknown motherboards, one suspect CPU, and one assumed good CPU. Right?

Have you tried a single stick of memory?

Have you verified that both the 4 or 8-pin and 24-pin power connectors are firmly attached at both ends of the cable (motherboard and PSU)?

Also, if you remove all storage devices, will the system post to BIOS?

Reactions: Deus Vu1t

Deus Vu1t

Honorable
May 19, 2017
Two unknown motherboards, one suspect CPU, and one assumed good CPU. Right?

Have you tried a single stick of memory?

Have you verified that both the 4 or 8-pin and 24-pin power connectors are firmly attached at both ends of the cable (motherboard and PSU)?

Also, if you remove all storage devices, will the system post to BIOS?
That's correct.

I actually initially assumed it was a RAM error so I ordered a few brand new sticks, I've tried 1 stick in every slot and then 2 sticks in every combination. I also tried to out 4 identical sticks in. They are 2667mhz which seem to be compatible with the board so I've kind of ruled the memory out (but can never be 100%).

I took care to firmly put the power cables in but I'll take extra care and give it a go tonight.

Removing the drives also doesn't change anything, I took both drives out and tried one at a time and replaced the SATA cables. No dice.

It's either some stupid issue I'm overlooking or I need to get a replacement part, it just depends on which one.

Thank you for your quick reply

Deus Vu1t

Honorable
May 19, 2017
Have you verified the CPUs in another known good/compatible motherboard?
My other system isn't AM4 but I originally got one of the CPUs from a friends system which he was upgrading a month ago which worked absolutely fine. Im assuming it's still fine (no bent pins etc) unless I somehow managed it while taking it from his place to mine? I'll go over later and check on his

COLGeek

Cybernaut
My other system isn't AM4 but I originally got one of the CPUs from a friends system which he was upgrading a month ago which worked absolutely fine. Im assuming it's still fine (no bent pins etc) unless I somehow managed it while taking it from his place to mine? I'll go over later and check on his
If your friend will allow it, check both CPUs in his rig (assuming he didn't install an incompatible motherboard when he upgraded).