Apr 1, 2021
Problem :-

When I play games my laptop CPU temperatures reaches up to 95 degree Celsius but CPU usage is only 20 to 30 % meanwhile my GPU temperature are only reaching up to 80 to 85 degree Celsius at 40 to 50 % usage

game I playing Watch dogs 1 released in 2013 or 14.
settings at ultra and getting 78 to 110 fps.

View: https://imgur.com/x1eCXcq

I have Bought 3000$ machine ASUS STRIX SCAR 15 G532LWS

My specs:-

i7 10875H 8 cores 16 threads
RTX 2070 SUPER 115 W (non max q)
16 GB 3200 MHz RAM
1 TB intel nvme SSD (pre installed) + 1 TB Crucial nvme SSD
300 Hz screen

Solution
I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
They are also relatively underpowered.
If you run an app such as HWMonitor, you will get the current, minimum, and maximum cpu temperatures.
For intel processors, if you see a max of 100c. it means you have throttled.
The cpu will lower it's multiplier and power draw to protect itself
until the situation reverses.
What can you do?
First, see that your cooler airways are clear and that the cooler fan is spinning.

Try changing the windows power profile advanced functions to a max of 90% instead of the default of 100%
You may not notice the reduced...
Hey there,

It's highly likely there is some throttling going on. Use something like HWMon/Info and see if the CPU is throttling and CPU clockspeeds drop back.

Most gaming laptops are the same. The do run hot. Specially considering the core heavy CPU's, and the power they require to boost and stay at high clockspeeds. The TDP of Intel CPU's means the run at default clockspeed at TDP (lets say 45w for these CPU's), so when it boosts it needs more power, and that means higher temps, and more likelihood the CPU will throttle.

There are a number of things you could try to reduce throttling. Undervolt, get a laptop cooling pad, consider replacing thermal paste with something better than the often generic stuff manufacturers use.

For the GPU. Temps seem a little on the high side. Even though the CPU is hitting 95c, sometimes that heat from the CPU causes the GPU to get hotter too. But 80-85 seems a tad high for me. You might also look at using MSI Afterburner and plot a new voltage/frequency curve to reduce the temps on the GPU, whilst allowing some high boost speeds.

Apr 1, 2021
hi
thanks for reply

but as per my knowledge under volt in intel 10th gen OEM CPU are impossible they have disabled it

as my laptop is very new only 4 months old so I don't think so that thermal paste is the problem and as per ASUS they have applied liquid metal based thermal paste

and internal are really complicated to disassemble it than regular gaming laptop because there is something that sliver tape
although I have dissemble many laptops .

View: https://imgur.com/DF3H8LV

is there any other way ?????
please help

I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
They are also relatively underpowered.
If you run an app such as HWMonitor, you will get the current, minimum, and maximum cpu temperatures.
For intel processors, if you see a max of 100c. it means you have throttled.
The cpu will lower it's multiplier and power draw to protect itself
until the situation reverses.
What can you do?
First, see that your cooler airways are clear and that the cooler fan is spinning.

Try changing the windows power profile advanced functions to a max of 90% instead of the default of 100%
You may not notice the reduced cpu performance.

As to 20-30% cpu usage, realize that that is an average over 16 threads.
Most games have a single threaded component and you are probably doing ok.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Solution
but as per my knowledge under volt in intel 10th gen OEM CPU are impossible they have disabled it
No, 10th Gen can defo undervolt. Maybe Asus has locked it, but doubt it. Try Throttlestop, and undervolt by a few mv, and run HWMon to see if it shows the same reading as the undervolt. Then you'll know for sure.

and internal are really complicated to disassemble it than regular gaming laptop because there is something that sliver tape
although I have dissemble many laptops

The tape is most likely there so that if you return it under warranty, the would know you have tampered with it. Of course dong that voids your warranty. TBH though, the warranties at 1yr, mean sweet FA.

Looking at your model, it does seem to have big temp issues when sitting flat, so get a decent cooling pad where you can raise the rear for better airflow. I've a Klim Cyclone 5 fan one. It's pretty good, and drops temps a good 5c during gaming, and a little more at idle.