A.I. Cluster Desk

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Tough going about your fried board. The hard drive might have had a short in the power components inside, but what is funny to me is that your 'friend' wouldn't throw away that hard drive, but give it to you. That is another matter.

Where ever you work for a living, are you hiring?

Jus kidding. (no really, are you hiring).

Keep up the hard expensive work, it is appreciated by every one here. It's kool to see new innivative work being done.

Modding a case, kool. Making a work of art from a few desks, speechless.

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
I work for myself and to be truthfull Most of this I did not buy. If I had, it would have cost tons of cash. I have put this thing together with trades, left overs and deals Ive gotten over the last eight months. I also used a little bit of financial aid to help along the way(not much) Right now I have about 1200 dollars in the whole thing. But soon that will change, I have to spend my money for it now, which is getting ever so much more sparse. Currently I am looking for a part time job to supplement some income. For now im stuck and cant do much else at the moment. :cry:

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009

Yes! I like it alot! It really does the trick. anything over 1080 is a waste IMHO.

bartleby3004

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009
dude awesome build its amazing to be honest, i just wanna thank ya cuz i have really been trying to figure out what i can do for my build and you have given me alot of good ideas. great job bro keep up the good work :D

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Thanx a bunch........ The thing is I have already dismantled this monster in favor of a slightly different build. Well, a very different build. I will soon be posting new pics of my latest mod coming soon.

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
Hi guys!!! :bounce:
I haven't been on for a while...
due to the fact that I was crazy busy...
but I will start going on this site again...as I miss you all...
And I miss Toms...But man I got a lot of messages to answer and
threads to keep up with...
anyways, I'll see you all here later...maybe tomorrow...probably...most likely...Lol :p

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Ha ha lets all come together and make it happen again. I think we have all been crazy busy or just crazy. Only time will tell on the latter;) Anywho peace out!!

We need to get together and have an OC'ing party like we had planed :(

Get our minds off of the regular daily routine :D

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
4 real!!!! OCing is so much fun when u get past all the BS of taking everything apart over and over. For that matter I now have one of every S775 proc avaliable and a couple of boards to do some serious OCing on. Now I need an LN2 pot and some friends;)

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
That would be fun...although we probably wouldn't reach the records but stil...by the way, overshocked was gonna do some ln2 benching and he said he was gonna get some from some place...and it was cheap for him...
I would need an ln2 pot as well...thinking of ordering at the moment...

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
The project is still ongoing. I have done many changes and will be updating this thread shortly! I have ditched the Zotac AMD Mini-ITX motherboards in favor of DFI Intel 1156 mini-ITX Motherboards. Not to mention the fact that I have killed all of them that I had. (Damn open frame builds!!!!) I am having to build this a little at a time right now so it is moving slow right now. It would be good to get some sponsors on this but I havent received any replies back as of yet. if anyone knows of a good sponsor be sure to send them my way;)

cheesybacon

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
Oooo that sux. ya definately wanna see the new version of this beast

Maybe a magazine would wanna do an article on it or something? I dunno if they would sponsor something like this but you could try something like that if you haven't.

cheesybacon

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
This question might sound retarded to you but im just curious.

How exactly do you control every tv in your house from the computer??

Can you shut off/turn on tv's from the computer or just conrol the video input for the once channel its plugged into or evertyhing with the tv. Im guessing its so yo can watch dvd's blu-rays on your tvs from one blu ray drive?

Cause your whole setup is crazy awesome so I'd definately be interested in building a not so beastly version of it in the future

Also, are open air computers more susceptible to problems with parts lasting longer or something?? (just in reference to your "damn open air builds" reply.)