[SOLVED] A recommended laptop for a child (9y) exclusively for the Sims 4.

hossler

Honorable
Nov 2, 2014
Hello! I've been trying to look for a laptop for my niece that I'm helping her mother with to look for. My niece always wanted to play Sims 4 but did not have a computer so her mother wanted to surprise her with a computer for christmas that's coming up.
She called me and asked for assistance after she bought a laptop worth around $730, I was taken aback for this and tried to look for other options for a stationary for at least half what she paid.

The thing is given the current situation for my niece a stationary would not suit her since it would not fit in her room and a laptop was more practical for her. Second reason being that, since Sims 4 is not a very high requiring game that I usually play with. We both agreed and this but since, I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to laptops depending of performance/price bar.
I'm wondering what's a recommended laptop to look into that may run Sims 4 relatively well enough and to not be that pricey either if possible. I don't think my niece is going to notice every minimal detail in lack of performance if the computer does not live up to expectations, she was playing sims 4 on a Macbook Air at my sisters and it was able to run well considering the specs are not that great on it.

Any help or referrals are greatly appreciated in any way or capacity! It does not absolutely have to be a gaming laptop, in fact it's probably better if it isn't a normal laptop would be ok!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
Based on the minimum specs, I would say any i3/i5 laptop made in the last few years.

Go here and take a look at a few of the cheaper models:

https://www.techbargains.com/categories/laptops

$429 Dell looking pretty good, and brand new.

$279 ASUS Ryzen APU also not bad for light gaming.

And for an entry level gaming rig: $600 for an i5-9300H and GTX1060, not bad at all coming from Lenovo.

Some decent deals leading up to Black Friday as well, so these might not last. So keep an eye on the big retailers as well.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Based on the minimum specs, I would say any i3/i5 laptop made in the last few years.

Go here and take a look at a few of the cheaper models:

https://www.techbargains.com/categories/laptops

$429 Dell looking pretty good, and brand new.

$279 ASUS Ryzen APU also not bad for light gaming.

And for an entry level gaming rig: $600 for an i5-9300H and GTX1060, not bad at all coming from Lenovo.

Some decent deals leading up to Black Friday as well, so these might not last. So keep an eye on the big retailers as well.

Solution