Question About using power supply in Japan.

Sep 13, 2019
Hi, I am still new to this community (tomshardware) and I would like to ask and get help (if needed) about my PC.
First of all, I've built and bought my PC in Korea (everything was fine). The problem is that I had to live in Japan for several years and I was worried that my PC's battery/power supply will explode XD sorry for the lame joke… anyway, Korea's voltage is 220 and Japan's voltage is just 100… is it ok to plug my PC to Japanese Plug?
Sorry for my bad English…
The power supply I am using on my PC is MasterWatt Lite 600 80PLUS Standard 230V EU
Thank you for reading and helping in advance…
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mas...biw=412&bih=718&dpr=2.63#imgrc=FG8qlPlH-zw9gM

Remeca

Reputable
First, you may or may not need a wall adapter for the plug, you'll have to see what kind of outlets there are. Then you will need to move the little switch on the PSU from 220v to 120v. It won't hurt anything if you plug it into a 120v outlet and it's set to 220, it just won't start. It's possible to damage stuff if it's set to 120 and you plug it into a 220 though, so don't forget to switch it back when you leave japan.

sentey-xpp-series-psu-56a6fa135f9b58b7d0e5cdf5.jpg

Reactions: koen1597
Sep 13, 2019
First, you may or may not need a wall adapter for the plug, you'll have to see what kind of outlets there are. Then you will need to move the little switch on the PSU from 220v to 120v. It won't hurt anything if you plug it into a 120v outlet and it's set to 220, it just won't start. It's possible to damage stuff if it's set to 120 and you plug it into a 220 though, so don't forget to switch it back when you leave japan.

sentey-xpp-series-psu-56a6fa135f9b58b7d0e5cdf5.jpg
I really appreciate your help… but what if I cant find the switch…?? I mean it's just not in there… cant find it even in inside…

Remeca

Reputable
You may want to contact the support for the manufacturer of your PSU and ask, but if it doesn't have the switch, you'll need a different PSU. You could sell that one, and buy one with the switch that you can use in Japan, and then switch it to 220v when you get back to Korea.

You may want to contact the support for the manufacturer of your PSU and ask, but if it doesn't have the switch, you'll need a different PSU. You could sell that one, and buy one with the switch that you can use in Japan, and then switch it to 220v when you get back to Korea.

PSUs have not had 115/230 switches in over a decade.

Please do not advise in areas where you have limited or outdated knowledge.

Hi, I am still new to this community (tomshardware) and I would like to ask and get help (if needed) about my PC.
First of all, I've built and bought my PC in Korea (everything was fine). The problem is that I had to live in Japan for several years and I was worried that my PC's battery/power supply will explode XD sorry for the lame joke… anyway, Korea's voltage is 220 and Japan's voltage is just 100… is it ok to plug

Fortunately, there are a lot of really good quality power supplies available in Japan.