Kuraiko

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020
A friend of mine wants to upgrade his six years old Gaming PC.
His budget is 800€ (roughly 940$).

He'll keep the Graphics Card (GTX 2080) and Power Supply (750W).

So what he upgrades is the Mainboard, Processor and RAM.

I looked up some parts for him which I will link below, but I wanna make sure that everything works fine, so my questions for you are:
Do you think this is a good setup?
Do you think this will work smoothly with current games*?
Are there any conflicts between the components?
Do you know hardware which is as good or even better for the same price or less?
Any tips for this setup you can think of are very much appreciated.

*Games in this case are for example: World of Warships, Black Desert Online Remastered, Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous (no VR)

Hardware:
https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping...2211285d14860431dd2bf995b5892b29a46f87a467fe3
In know its a German website so for your convenience - click one article on the list and follow this:
8DwCe7N.png

Have a pleasant (and hopefully not too hot) day.
Also, remember to wear a mask! 😷

Solution
Oh, it's definitely the RTX2080 . Totally mixed that up 😓
And 32GB RAM... well yeah, I just looked up the requirements for Star Citizen and they recommend more than 16GB indeed. Thanks for pointing that out!

Anything else?
And 32GB RAM... well yeah, I just looked up the requirements for Star Citizen and they recommend more than 16GB indeed. Thanks for pointing that out!

Anything else?
Well yeah if thats the reason you want 32gb that its totally fine.It judt weird for me to have 32gb of ram if you were just gaming

Kuraiko

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020

Anything else?

Anything else?

Anything else?
Well yeah if thats the reason you want 32gb that its totally fine.It judt weird for me to have 32gb of ram if you were just gaming

Reactions: Kuraiko
Solution