Question All Steam games capped at 60 FPS (i7 8750H, 1050TI, 8GB DDR4 Laptop)

May 22, 2019
I recently picked up an Acer Aspire 7 with the above specs and I can't seem to get any games to run over 60 FPS. On my older Asus N551 laptop with an 840M, I could run games over 60 FPS with no problem, but with the new laptop, games such as War Thunder, Overwatch, Mordhau, etc all run capped at 60 FPS with high settings. The only game I could get over 60FPS was CSGO with 200+ FPS on 720P settings and all very low. Am I only able to get over 60FPS with lower resolutions?

Obviously I've set all FPS cap sliders to the absolute max, disabled V-sync in-game and in the Nvidia Control Panel. The power options are set to High Performance, the default graphics unit in the Nvidia Control Panel is also set to the 1050 TI. I've uninstalled my graphics drivers with DDU and reinstalled it and that didn't work. My monitor is a 60HZ BenQ, but I still got readings of well over 60 FPS on my older laptop with no issues. Is this a feature with 10 series cards I'm not aware of? Are FPS counters in game locked to 60 FPS if I'm playing on 1080P high settings or low regardless? Someone please help, as I have no ideas.

Mar 7, 2019
Looks like a problem with monitor. Try a different higher FPS monitor?

I upgrade my laptop screen (i7-8750h & 1050ti) with a 144 hz panel and I got over 100 fps just fine with lower graphic setting in some games.

TRENDING THREADS