[SOLVED] Any ideas on how to improve cooling?

hhjkkh10

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015
Currently when at 100% gpu load I am reaching 80c and over on my gpu. My cpu temps are fine as they hit a max of 72c. I was going to buy 6 identical high rpm fans and put 3 at the front and 2 top and 1 rear for a push pull config. (3 push and 3 pull) My case is this:
https://www.tecware.co/nexusm

Right now I keep the side label off to keep temps lower but would like to put it on to prevent dust build up so fast.

Here is a pic of inside the pc:
https://ibb.co/2WWgtQc

Right now I just have 3 fans that are all pull.

Solution
With the kind of money you could be looking to spend to try to fix this, it would instead be better spent on a more airflow friendly chassis - like their Nexus Air - that allows air to flow in and out more freely, in turn allowing you more freedom:
To pick your fans, where you want to place them, and how fast you want to run them.

The way the fans are setup in the picture is arguably, the best one for cooling the gpu in there.
Yes, it's negative pressure, but the chassis' design doesn't allow you to aim for anything else and still be as effective. Even then, there's just too much restriction in place in key areas, that's causing air intake to suffer:
-the rear PCIe slot covers/guards
-the gpu's proximity to the psu shroud
-the grilles...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
With the kind of money you could be looking to spend to try to fix this, it would instead be better spent on a more airflow friendly chassis - like their Nexus Air - that allows air to flow in and out more freely, in turn allowing you more freedom:
To pick your fans, where you want to place them, and how fast you want to run them.

The way the fans are setup in the picture is arguably, the best one for cooling the gpu in there.
Yes, it's negative pressure, but the chassis' design doesn't allow you to aim for anything else and still be as effective. Even then, there's just too much restriction in place in key areas, that's causing air intake to suffer:
-the grilles in the psu shroud may as well not be there; the psu completely blocks the rear one, and the front one is going to be obstructed by the psu cables and drive cage(if present)
-front panel air filter
-barely breathable gaps at the side. The little bit of air that does manage to get though that loses more pressure to the 90 degree turn and the air filter

To try and get around all that is going to require some fast and loud fans... even then, it might not be enough to satisfy your temperature woes.
Did I mention loud fans?

Solution

hhjkkh10

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015

-the grilles in the psu shroud may as well not be there; the psu completely blocks the rear one, and the front one is going to be obstructed by the psu cables and drive cage(if present)
-front panel air filter
-barely breathable gaps at the side. The little bit of air that does manage to get though that loses more pressure to the 90 degree turn and the air filter

To try and get around all that is going to require some fast and loud fans... even then, it might not be enough to satisfy your temperature woes.
Did I mention loud fans?

Yeah your response makes sense. There is a lot of things obstructing the GPUs airflow. I think getting a different pc case is the best option. It’s just in the back of my mind I don’t want to completely dismantle the pc and put it in a new case due to the amount of time it will take. Also one of the motherboard screws is stripped which isn’t gonna be fun to get out. But yeah at this point I am probably gonna have to suck it up and get a new case.

Thanks for the help.