Eduardo Gonzalez

Reputable
Aug 27, 2019
I have no idea what this noise is, its coming from my CPU cooler (99% sure it is) its really been bothering me as it can get quite loud, it only starts making this noise once my CPU reaches 70C+
Video of the noise: https://youtube.com/shorts/lgOHujLjrvI?feature=share

(I pointed my phone towards the GPU to show that its coming from the CPU cooler since the noise gets louder when my phone is close to my CPU cooler)
SPECS:
GPU: GTX 1080ti
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 OC
CPU Cooler: DEEP COOL Gammaxx L240 V2
PC Fans: 3x120mm 2x140mm (2 x 120mm DEEP COOL RF120) (1 x 120mm PC case antec fan) (2 x 140mm PC case antec fan)
Motherboard: Asus Strix B450-F
RAM: 16gb 3200MHZ
PSU: 650W Corsair
PC Case: Antec

Please if someone knows what this is tell me as i want this get rid of this as soon as possible, is it faulty CPU cooler maybe? i already tried cleaning it and nothing... maybe i installed it wrong...

Last edited:

Eduardo Gonzalez

Reputable
Aug 27, 2019
I suspect the fan is starting to fail.
To be sure, gently stop the fan rotation with your finger momentarily..if the noise disappears, it's the fan.
You could replace with same fan if possible, otherwise replace the entire cooler

Wow so i got robbed then... all the fans make the same noise... i previously had 6 of the same fans and since the noise (video) was too loud i decided to switch 3 of the 120mm ones for the ones that came with the case (2 x 140mm) i didnt realize this before as i didnt have my ryzen overclocked, temps were quiet low but now thats its OC and also with how hot is it where i live right now i can hear it clearly... guess i have to buy new ones, potentially even buy a new new cooler unless i can put different 120mm fans on the water cooler

Wow so i got robbed then... all the fans make the same noise... i previously had 6 of the same fans and since the noise (video) was too loud i decided to switch 3 of the 120mm ones for the ones that came with the case (2 x 140mm) i didnt realize this before as i didnt have my ryzen overclocked, temps were quiet low but now thats its OC and also with how hot is it where i live right now i can hear it clearly... guess i have to buy new ones, potentially even buy a new new cooler unless i can put different 120mm fans on the water cooler
Also check to make sure the blades aren't contacting anything.

Reactions: Eduardo Gonzalez

TRENDING THREADS