ARRRRh HELP yet again

amdwarrior

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
Well I wrote a post last nite that I was getting ready toboot my new system up well it booted fine temps of my 820d said it was 35 at idle of couse windows came up and said to many hardware changes need to re activate so I thought I would do that this morning try to boot this morning power comes on but it wont post My last system did this to me the same results turns on but monitor light just blinks no post beep when I wrote about this on my last system most thought is was my bios but if this is doing it could it be my power supply I have a ultra xconnect2 550w been fine for about 5 moths any input would be great I have a my old 64 with 12v connector 420 watt it has been good for years but is it enough to power this pentium d 820?

amdwarrior

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
Hey thanks again I did try plugging all the connections in again nothing seems to be loose. lol good to hear about the idle temp now again on the power suppy I dont have a tester shame on me have always had good luck with parts so far could it be a bad cable on my xconnect also will my 420 watt be good to power up the system or not because not sure on these dual cores and all for my old xp2200 it was golden ?