Status
Not open for further replies.

willyburns

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014
Hi,

I bought an "ASUS Vivobook Pro 16X M7600QC 16-inch 4K OLED Laptop (AMD Ryzen 7-5800H, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 Ti, 16 GB RAM, 1TB SSD)" on 21/08/22 that was working fine until the '22H2' Windows 11 update — now the screen flickers intermittently, among other issues . . .

I've tried disabling the Radeon iGPU which seems to stop the problem of the flickering but has created a panoply of new ones such as: the mouse pointer moves sluggishly; the display reads as an external monitor and cannot be changed; HDR support has greyed out; I can't change the resolution. So I enabled the iGPU again.

There's also ASUS software (MyANUS) already on the laptop that's mainly used for OLED panel preservation i.e., "pixel shift"; auto-dimming of windows that aren't on top (another function that worked before 22H2, and now if you plug in headphones it recognises the taskbar as "on top" until you close all windows); and other assorted garbage.

Should I just uninstall the MyASUS basura? The only reason I haven't is becasue there doesn't seem to be any OLED protection features built into Windows 11 natively becasue Windows is also guff software so other than hiding the taskbar and keeping the brightness moderate there's not much else to protect from burn-in. Does anyone have any ideas apart from the one I've tried with the Radeon iGPU, and the one I've suggested trying, that is, removing the MyASUS software? Will this just be a matter of waiting for Microsoft or ASUS to get around to updating their terrible software?

Waiting for ASUS to fix their software is futile I know but we live in hope. It's so annoying becasue everything else about the laptop: the build, the screen, the gaming performance, the speed it boots and zips around just doing prosaic tasks is all excellent for the price (£999) . . . it's just the dirty software — it's like a cow flying a Soyuz.

Over and out . . . 🤪

willyburns

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014
Tried updating the display drivers for the CPU? = https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/...-processors-radeon-graphics/amd-ryzen-7-5800h

Have you checked the Asus site for laptop to see if they updated any of the programs that are causing problems?

Thanks for the quick reply but it wasn't that (although keeping drivers up to date is good practice anyway😁👍).

The problem was Microsoft's Windows 11 basura software – I'd selected to turn on "Core Isolation Memory Integrity" which is supposed to check for "faulty drivers and prevent malware from hijacking high-security processes" but which was obviously conflicting with either AMD Adrenalin or maybe the Nvidia driver, who knows, but when when I turned it off it stopped the incessant flickering and everything is A-OK.

Over and out . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.