[SOLVED] Asus Z-170 Deluxe doesn't boot.

Feb 22, 2019
MOBO: Asus Deluxe z-170 Deluxe
CPU: Intel 6700k
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengence
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
PSU: Corsair 750i
COOLER: Corsair H100i

I have been using this build since 2015. Yesterday while playing apex legends, the system just crashed and the pc won't turn on. On the motherboard only the reset and power switch LEDs are illuminated and nothing else. Q-code LED doesn't light up. So no Q-code is to be seen. Pressing either the reset button or the power button does nothing. There is a fan test button on the PSU and the fan is working, so I assume the PSU is also fine? I had not cleaned my PC since the build and I saw that there was a lot of dust built inside the case and on the fan rims. I tried unplugging all my components, resetting the CMOS, 30 sec power button press, took out the battery for an hour and again trying to turn it on but to no avail. I think the cpu was slightly over clocked but not so sure atm. As I opened the case there was a lot of heat to be felt. Could it be a case of overheating? Has the cpu / motherboard fried up? At this point I don't know what is going on with the PC. Thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
Does the motherboard have a speaker/buzzer? Are there any beeps?

Check the PSU on another working PC if possible. If it works it might be other parts, probably the motherboard.

The fan thing shows the PSU fan circuit is getting power and is working and other parts of the PSU might be faulty.

Also take the graphics card out of the slot and connect monitor to the motherboard graphics port and see if it boots.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Does the motherboard have a speaker/buzzer? Are there any beeps?

Check the PSU on another working PC if possible. If it works it might be other parts, probably the motherboard.

The fan thing shows the PSU fan circuit is getting power and is working and other parts of the PSU might be faulty.

Also take the graphics card out of the slot and connect monitor to the motherboard graphics port and see if it boots.

Solution
Feb 22, 2019
No. Not that I am aware of. Should I connect my speaker just in case? I already tried taking out the gfx card and powering it up. The mobo doesn't do anything. Like I said, only the power and reset buttons are on. The rest is off and static.