Expert

A friend of mine was telling me that when he is chatting
with someone, another person who is not in his contact list
and he does not know will pop up and want to talk to him.
He will close their window but in doing so adds them to his
contact list.
Has anyone else heard of this or had it happen?
Thanks,
Rusty

Greetings Rusty,

If you don't have "All others users" or "All users" in the Block List (see the Tools menu,
Options, Privacy tab), then anyone can send you a message. However, unless you explicitly
add the user to your contact list, it will not be automatically added (unless there's some
random utility that I've never heard of that does this).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Rusty" <remmert70@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>A friend of mine was telling me that when he is chatting
> with someone, another person who is not in his contact list
> and he does not know will pop up and want to talk to him.
> He will close their window but in doing so adds them to his
> contact list.
> Has anyone else heard of this or had it happen?
> Thanks,
> Rusty

Johathan,

Thanks for the info. I will have him check those settings.
I cannot figure out how the other happened.
Thanks again.
Rusty

Kay.

>"Rusty" <remmert70@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>A friend of mine was telling me that when he is chatting
>> with someone, another person who is not in his contact list
>> and he does not know will pop up and want to talk to him.
>> He will close their window but in doing so adds them to his
>> contact list.
>> Has anyone else heard of this or had it happen?
>> Thanks,
>> Rusty
>

>.

Hi Rusty,