Sinxph

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
I didn’t realize how little fans I could attach to my motherboard. So, I just bought a fan splitter from rosewill but I need to know how many fans I could attach to one header. On the front of the fans it says DC12V 0.16A.
Can I attach two fans to one fan header on this motherboard without any issues long term?

They are called the Rosewill 120mm case fan 4-pack Long life sleeve bearing computer case fan ROCF-13001 Ultra Quiet Computer case fan

Solution
I just downloaded the manual for your motherboard and it doesn't explicitly state the current limit of the fan headers.
But 1 Amp is the industry standard for a fan header.
So I feel fully confident in telling you that you can connect 2 of those .16 Amp fans to each header safely.
If you need further assurance of that you should contact Gigabyte support and ask them to confirm that.
But just as a reference, I personally have 2
.25 Amp 2000 rpm 120 mm Rosewill fans per header on my Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard and I would not hesitate to run 3 per header if I needed more fans.
As long as you don't exceed .9 Amps per header you should be fine.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Check your motherboard specifications, each fan header should be rated for 1A.
So the general rule of thumb is that you can connect three fans (usually .25A each) per header safely.
So if they are .16 Amps each you can safely connect 2 or 3 per header as long as your motherboard supports 1 Amp per header.

Last edited:

Sinxph

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
Check your motherboard specifications, each fan header should be rated for 1A.
So the general rule of thumb is that you can connect three fans (usually. 25A each) per header safely.
I can’t find anything regarding fan headers and their rating in the motherboard specifications. Could you help me out please? It would help a lot.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I just downloaded the manual for your motherboard and it doesn't explicitly state the current limit of the fan headers.
So I feel fully confident in telling you that you can connect 2 of those .16 Amp fans to each header safely.
If you need further assurance of that you should contact Gigabyte support and ask them to confirm that.
.25 Amp 2000 rpm 120 mm Rosewill fans per header on my Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard and I would not hesitate to run 3 per header if I needed more fans.

Last edited:
Solution

Sinxph

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
Perfect. Thank you!