Question Before I buy - - - - are there any known issues with the Lenovo Legion 5 ?

Fourro

Reputable
May 11, 2019
Hello! Since there's pretty severe issues with power supply in my country and I kind of want to keep doing my job from home, I think of buying a laptop that can run without the need to be plugged in a power socket for ideally 8 hours straight or for let's say 4-5 hours.

To do my job I install Windows into a virtual machine (vmware or virtualbox) and then I need to edit MS Office documents and surf through the Internet within the virtual machine, sometimes watch some videos or online streams or [not often] use Zoom with a webcam.

I ran into this model - Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6A (82NW0064PB): 15.6" IPS 1920х1080 165 Hz, R7 5800H, 16 GB DDR4, Radeon RX 6600M 8GB, SSD 512 GB. I may buy it for around 1160$. Weirdly enough the models with RTX 3050/3050 Ti 4 GB may cost even more and RX 6600M is better than those, isn't it?

Anyway, since it's pricey for me, I must know in advance if there are any issues with it - with its hybrid integrated+desktop GPU subsystem or if its performance drops when you use or don't use an external PC monitor or plug it into a power socket? Or may be its display sucks big time? May be it has such strong IPS glow that my eyes will drop out in the dark?
And for sure I need to know for how long I can work on it using its battery (80 Wh I believe).
Help please. Thank you!

Last edited:

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Known issues

-Crashes related to Sound, are usually solved by updating firmware and drivers and making sure Windows doesn't install the generic outdated driver.
-April 2022 Bios update "GKCN53WW " caused near unusable performance, which has since been fixed.
- When using a dGPU some users report backlight flickering under heavy loads.
-Prone to Hinge issues after about a year so make sure your opening and closing properly.
-Webcam isn't the greatest
- Speakers are not all that impressive
-Realtek Wifi Chip can be buggy

I have a Legion 7 and the only issues I have had are overheating under heavy load "Not a issue with the 5"