Question Benchmarks are fine but in games i have low GPU usage and low FPS ?

Fiziek

Prominent
May 23, 2022
I must say that I am completely at a loss and don't know what is happening with my computer.

Some time ago, I began to notice that in games like Warzone 2.0, I had fewer frames per second (FPS) than I usually did. After about an hour of playing, the FPS dropped by 30-40 and stayed that way. Despite the constant 70 reduced FPS, the game was completely unplayable and not smooth until I reset my PC. Then, for a moment, it was back to normal, but the same thing happened again.
I decided to do a full format and removed everything that could be removed. After the format, I installed basically no programs like NZXT CAM, except for an antivirus (Bitdefender).
When I started the game, strange things started happening:
GPU usage was no more than 28%, GPU temperatures were max 60 degrees, so it was definitely not overheating. Before the format, the CPU used 26%, and temperatures were also max 55 degrees. Now it uses around 50%. Everything looks like I have some kind of bottlenecking, but my computer is 3 years old, and this is the first time I have encountered something like this.
Even in the game lobby where I have set 90 FPS, it barely reaches 60. In-game, it's around 55 max.
It looks like something is blocking the computer's computing power, but on UserBenchmark, everything is working at 100%, and I have very good results.

All drivers are always up to date, the BIOS is the latest, and I have also installed older drivers for the graphics card with a clean installation.
In Witcher 3, I sometimes have a similar situation, only there, the situation is that suddenly, despite low temperatures, the graphics card usage just drops, and there is a slight drop in frames, and stuttering appears.
I will answer any additional questions, but I would greatly appreciate some help because I really don't know what to do, and I don't want to change my hardware.
I must say that my gaming friends don't experience this kind of situation at all

My build:
I play at 1440p on an LG 27GL850 27" monitor.
Windows 11
Mobo MSI z390 gaming plus
CPU i5 9600kf ( not OC )
GPU rtx 2070 super ( not OC )
RAM DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200hz 16cl 2x16GB CMW32GX4M2E3200C16
SSD SAMSUNG 980 pro 1tb
SSD SAMSUNG 970 Evo plus 512 gb ( windows )
PSU be quiet power zone 650 watt

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Difficult level i think lol.

Firstly id like to see your userbench results via link please. Also can you side by side screenshot of both core temp and active test running intel burn test.

Format im assuming you did a full wipe and reinstall of Windows? That's Windows 10 right? Which version are you on currently?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
We'll see if i see anything worth noting on userbench and ibt test with core temp.

Restoring/ reset isn't the same as a full reinstall from bootable usb, which you may need to do to if nothing else is satisfactory, eliminating anything relating at all to software including 3rd party drivers (if use those self update programs, I don't know if you have but those programs can cause problems) or bodgy ms updates.

How long have you had this problem? Before Windows 11?

Fiziek

Prominent
May 23, 2022
I have the problem from installing win11 i could say so cause I don't recall something like that happening in the past

Well i try install from usb as well deleting everything

I will install HWInfo also to catch some issues

I will paste you the results form bench today after work

Fiziek

Prominent
May 23, 2022
You i could just install windows 10 if it's safer to not have issues

Is it still free to download and install anyway if I would do that by tool creator?

Fiziek

Prominent
May 23, 2022
Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Definitely not throttling so i don't think your problem is heat related like you said but just wanted to check cpu speed whilst doing something intensive.

Turbo always engaged won't hurt it but few things that can cause that is EIST being disabled in bios, Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology. Or if there's a performance setting in bios that when turned on also changes EIST. And also power plan in Windows can change speedstep behaviour if got it on performance rather than balanced.

---

Come to think of it, you upgraded to Win11 didn't you without reinstalling from scratch? Upgrades can be problematic, not always but can, driver entries carried over from win10. Yeah i think best to do a clean install and see what happens.

Fiziek

Prominent
May 23, 2022
I'm just playing HL on steady 85 fps on ultra mode, i already reinstalled with complete format the win11 before i installed HL and warzone 2.0 and here what i catched:

HL works perfectly no stuttering no nothing just pleasure

When I isntalled warzone 2.0 the lobby shown me 120 fps ( max set ) and when I tried to launch the game ive get crash xD after that i launched it again and from this very moment fps in lobby was Abt 70 and in game Abt 60 with stuttering XD

I left the game and launched HL thinking that this issue in warzone will destroy performance in other games but it didn't, so I don't know what it can be except the very bery very mad optimalization of warzone and it would be weird than only me among my friend got that weird problems....

Fiziek

Prominent
May 23, 2022
Yeah I'm running it from battle net when I bought it for 30$ and now I can't even play it this cause it makes jokes of me, seriously there is no other explanation than platform issues? Wtf is wrong with this game, all games works fine by now for me, i think HL is bigger PC resource consumer on high than warzone on low... I understand that problem with warzone 2 was common problem but I didn't even see any of that kind of issues...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
So it's just Warzone causing problems right?

Can you run Userbenchmark again and link results page here.

On Warzone there's a tweak to do with editing renderer worker count. Give that a go.

Fiziek

Prominent
May 23, 2022
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/59528829

UserBenchmarks:
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600KF - 98.1%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070S (Super) - 117%
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB - 220%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 224%
RAM: Corsair CMW32GX4M2E3200C16 2x16GB - 109%
MBD: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B51)

Here you go
I tried already everything that is possible to do from the internetto improve or repiar fps drops and usage and nothing happened and helped....

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Looks good, nothing stands out. No evidence of thermal throttling, all ram accounted for and running at speed.

Just to clarify the game crashes right? Does it close itself? Or is your problem only fps related?

Do you use Geforce Experience to optimise Warzone?

Fiziek

Prominent
May 23, 2022
I don't use experience to optimize it

As i said the game after formatting disk and first launched was in lobby perfect 120 fps etc but after the first game started it crashed, after that everytime I launch the game it have fps issue but it doesn't crash anymore, just steady 60 fps with stuttering doesn't matter if it is on ultra or on low... :)

Fiziek

Prominent
May 23, 2022
Yeah may be i don't know, it's weird so muchz how is it possible to have the same fps doesn't matter if you play and ultra or very low, i will.try reinstall.again but I'm Abt to.cry anyway

TRENDING THREADS