connor.j2000

Honorable
Aug 21, 2017
Hi all.

Planning an i9 9900k/10900k build. Need some ideas for a good quality cooler that will keep thermals as low as possible.

Would prefer liquid cooling due to the planned 'RGB' look of the PC. Was leaning towards the H150i, happy to hear any alternatives.

Thanks.

Solution
Hi all.

Planning an i9 9900k/10900k build. Need some ideas for a good quality cooler that will keep thermals as low as possible.

Would prefer liquid cooling due to the planned 'RGB' look of the PC. Was leaning towards the H150i, happy to hear any alternatives.

Thanks.
I'm an air guy so I have a BeQuiet dark rock pro 4 on my 9900KF but if I went with an AIO it would be the H150i Pro because it is a very good cooler and quiet.

RealBeast

Titan
Hi all.

Thanks.
I'm an air guy so I have a BeQuiet dark rock pro 4 on my 9900KF but if I went with an AIO it would be the H150i Pro because it is a very good cooler and quiet.

Solution

connor.j2000

Honorable
Aug 21, 2017
No, that cpu pretty much demands liquid cooling.
View: https://imgur.com/YwqWtBb

That's the power table for the 10th gen cpus.

If the Dark Rock Pro 4 is rated for 250w... there's no headroom with the 10900K's 250w PL 2 limit.
Great, thanks for the info. Was thinking of going for the i7 9700k anyway I think. What do you think the chances are this will bottleneck any upgrade to a 3080/ti in the future? I understand it's hard to know for sure, but just looking for ideas.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, I think that the H150i Pro will work well on a 10900K.
But then people complain - and still do - about high thermals on the H150i Pro... but that's because this unit specifically is marketed for silence, not performance.
The fans are low rpm(1600), but that's to maintain the advertised silent profile. This cooler is actually a poor option for overclocking.
The H150i Pro XT is the high performer, and the one to use for overclocking. If not OC'ing, then the H150i Pro is great.

RealBeast

Titan
But then people complain - and still do - about high thermals on the H150i Pro... but that's because this unit specifically is marketed for silence, not performance.
The fans are low rpm(1600), but that's to maintain the advertised silent profile. This cooler is actually a poor option for overclocking.
The H150i Pro XT is the high performer, and the one to use for overclocking. If not OC'ing, then the H150i Pro is great.
Yeah, I would have to change out the fans, I don't care that much about noise with headphones on most of the time. Better yet, I'd go with a Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 TT Premium RGB. Back in the day I used those high speed deltas that put out almost 60dB, probably lost a little hearing there. ;)

Reactions: Phaaze88

connor.j2000

Honorable
Aug 21, 2017
Great, thanks. The XT model is actually cheaper in the UK right now too.