Sep 27, 2019
Recently have been a problem where my screen goes black and my gpu fan runs a 100%. I will be watching a YouTube video or going on discord and the screen goes black and the gpu fan goes to 100%. This randomly starts happen at anytime. When is happen I hold the power button and shut it off and then I will start the computer 15 minutes later and the problem goes away for 1-2 days then it comes back. I looked at my temperatures and its usually around 30-40 C . I'm not sure what to do. I just built the pc in July and I'm already having this problem which makes me nervous. Any help is appreciated.

Here's a video of it happening: starts a 1 minute https://streamable.com/evoaw
Specs:
AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
ASRock - B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Kingston - A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM
EVGA - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card
Aerocool - Cylon ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Solution
Psu running too warm... When the system black screens on you, and you force it off, are you able to power it back up right away?
If not, that would indicate the unit is running too hot and won't start up again until it has cooled off enough.

The other possibility is... kinda hard to imagine if you're just watching Youtube or other light duty thing, and the unit is brand new... and that's the psu voltage dropping too low, causing the gpu to crash.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds like a psu issue. If you shut down the PC when you're not using it, the psu is one of the few devices still 'on'(storing a charge) unless you manually flip the switch off.
And the issue comes back without fail after a day or two?

Sep 27, 2019
Sounds like a psu issue. If you shut down the PC when you're not using it, the psu is one of the few devices still 'on'(storing a charge) unless you manually flip the switch off.
And the issue comes back without fail after a day or two?
yes, the issue comes back every 1 or 2 days. Do you think there is something wrong with my psu? I just build the pc at the end of july.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Psu running too warm... When the system black screens on you, and you force it off, are you able to power it back up right away?
If not, that would indicate the unit is running too hot and won't start up again until it has cooled off enough.

The other possibility is... kinda hard to imagine if you're just watching Youtube or other light duty thing, and the unit is brand new... and that's the psu voltage dropping too low, causing the gpu to crash.

Solution
Sep 27, 2019

I am able to start it back up right away after I shut it down. I'm thinking about sending it back in to evga to get a replacement and if that doesn't work I'll probably have to replace my psu because I have seen other post saying that the psu might be the problem.