Oct 27, 2019
so, i was playing fallout 4 on my pc when i got a sudden blue screen and my computer crashed. i wasn’t worried until my computer started to refuse to start up, whenever i turn it on all i get on the monitor is a black screen with a small 99 in the bottom right corner.

i've included the link to a video i took of what happens when i start up the computer
here

any help for this would be greatly appreciated! i don’t know the stats of my computer, though i should be able to get them in the morning

Solution
its ok you have the on screen codes

there have been various remedies described here. from clearing the CMOS (unplug the power form the motherboared, unplug the computer from the wall and remove the silver battery for 10 minutes.) this will erase all temporary settings in the BIOS and revert to defaults. you will need to setup the CPU and RAM setting again. I would try this last if you are uncomfortable doing this.

unplug everything from the computer except a PS/2 keyboard. not the console but the round purple plug for the keyboard. the keyboard is one of the...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
beeps will only be heard if you plugged in a speaker to the motherboards front panel header as described in step 17 here

your board has diagnostic codes displayed as well. I was comparing one to the other. you could install a speaker and see what beeps appear.

what model is your motherboard? the boot codes can vary by manufacturer.

Oct 27, 2019
according to my dad (he built it) it’s an MSI 970A-G43 PLUS motherboard. and i have speakers attached but my headphones are currently the default output and i can’t change that since i can’t use the computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
its ok you have the on screen codes

there have been various remedies described here. from clearing the CMOS (unplug the power form the motherboared, unplug the computer from the wall and remove the silver battery for 10 minutes.) this will erase all temporary settings in the BIOS and revert to defaults. you will need to setup the CPU and RAM setting again. I would try this last if you are uncomfortable doing this.

unplug everything from the computer except a PS/2 keyboard. not the console but the round purple plug for the keyboard. the keyboard is one of the things the motherboard test for when booting and will not boot without one.

page 62 in the English manual describes the beep codes

canned diagnostic speaker rant: speaker making 101
The diagnostic speaker is the motherboards main diagnostic feedback device.
the motherboard may be telling you where the problem is.
my speakers have this plug
http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/graphics/infolib/homelib/hSpeakerSpringClip.jpg
I use lamp wire but any stranded wire will do. literally any stranded wires. strip one end like so
http://www.antiquelampco.com/Shades/CordColors.jpg
attach the stripped end into the speaker spring clips on the speaker.
the other end of the wire should be trimmed like so the semi strip
https://wesbellwireandcable.com/images/cutwire.png
by doing a semi strip the wire case is now the socket.
plug one wire to the first pin, and the second onto the fourth pin.
power on the system and listen for beeps
end canned rant

Solution
Oct 27, 2019
okay i unplugged everything and so far it’s working. so from now on should i just unplug everything when i’m trying to turn it back on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk