[SOLVED] Blue Error Screen (Screen of Death) during Clean Installation

ArjunY

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
I just got myself a computer assembled for Office purposes (the Motherboard being a Zebronics H61), but when I downloaded an official Copy of Windows 10 from the official website to a bootable USB using the Media Creation Tool, the Computer doesn't initiate the setup from the BIOS providing varying error codes, the primary code being that the Kernel Security Check failed.

What could be the primary reason for this? I'd be grateful to receive some thoughts and potential solutions for the same. :)

The Specs of that build are:
i3-2120 @ 3.3 GHz
Zebronics ZEB-H61 Motherboard
8GB Simtronics RAM
450W PSU

There was no OS previously installed. The attempt to install was through a Bootable USB. I even tried to place the USB as the highest boot priority in the BIOS, but to no avail.

Colif

Win 11 Master
can try remaking Installer on another USB and see if it was cause

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Reactions: ArjunY

ArjunY

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
can try remaking Installer on another USB and see if it was cause

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Alright, so first of all I want to say thank you for suggesting this, for I have learnt something new.... :D

I did try memtest86, and the only conclusion I can draw is that there is certainly something messed up, for the computer didn't even budge from 0% overnight, it simply hanged, as you can see from the Blue tear marks in the attached picture.

So I guess I'll have to show it to the mechanic itself..

ArjunY

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
you might want to look at that ram, I had never heard of them before and it could be it doesn't work on that board.
As it turned out, it was actually some mishap regarding the RAM itself, related to some incompatibility with the motherboard. A new RAM stick was brought in, and now the computer is up and running with no real issues. :D Thank you.

The Specs of that build are:
i3-2120 @ 3.3 GHz
Zebronics ZEB-H61 Motherboard
8GB Simtronics RAM
450W PSU

Also transferred an old GT 710 from another build to this one for the sake of it...:)

TRENDING THREADS