Question Can my ATX 450W P4 PSU handle these specs?

Feb 21, 2019
So im planning to buy a new graphics card. I think im going for the GTX 1050 2GB or 3GB, but i dont know if my ATX 450W P4 PSU is sufficent to run these specs:

Motherboard : P8H61-M LX3 PLUS (LGA1155)
CPU : Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz
RAM : 2x4GB DDR3 1333MHz
GPU : GTX 1050 2GB/3GB
HARDDISK : 465GB TOSHIBA (SATA)

Any help is appreciated.

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018
Its all relative.I saw more powerfull systems run with the same wattage for years without a prob.Doesnt mean its safe.BUT it will work.For how long i dont know.Its his choice to get a new psu.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It was 192W on the 12V+...

That PSU, or very similar has been rebadged by a bunch of junk companies for a long time now.
Wouldn't be surprised if it was manufactured >10 years ago. Degrades over time/use, I'd be surprised if it was capable of much more than ~100W these days.

i bet it will..

Your confidence in a low quality doorstops ability to power anything at all is admirable..... and totally unwarranted.

Reactions: bignastyid
That PSU, or very similar has been rebadged by a bunch of junk companies for a long time now.
Wouldn't be surprised if it was manufactured >10 years ago. Degrades over time/use, I'd be surprised if it was capable of much more than ~100W these days.

Your confidence in a low quality doorstops ability to power anything at all is admirable..... and totally unwarranted.

I wouldn't put that POS in any computer or recommend it to my worst enemy.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The only thing that PSU is good for is starting fires and burning up PC parts.

Maybe holding down a single sheet of paper too.. Doubt it has anywhere close to enough weight in the components to hold down more than one though.

what is this psu anyway?He didnt write the brand.

Brand, in this instance is irrelevant. It's a junk unit that many companies slap their label on. iCute is one I just found.... The specs are stated, and likely overreaching on the claims to begin with!

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018
Anyway its better to buy a cheap known brand psu rather risking burning his whole system.The first thing before i advice people is thinking about their budget.Its easy to say "Go buy a corsair or seasonic platinum".Iam not a spoiled brat.

Anyway its better to buy a cheap known brand psu rather risking burning his whole system.The first thing before i advice people is thinking about their budget.Its easy to say "Go buy a corsair or seasonic platinum".Iam not a spoiled brat.

MOST cheap known brand PSU's really aren't any better.

Most of those are crap too.

Known brand in general doesn't mean anything, they all make some garbage.

There are way too many garbage PSU's on the market with known brand labels on them.

The only one that I can think of that doesn't make crap is Seasonic, but they are also an OEM.

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018
Really?You tried them all?I was running a system with a $50 psu for 5 years and i replaced it not because it stopped working,but because i upgraded.My god you buy so much into the hype.