Question Computer Case's RGB lighting turned on randomly for the first time ever?

Oct 7, 2021
I've had my computer for about 2-3 years now and yesterday the RGB lighting on my case turned on for the first time ever while watching a youtube video (about 2-3 hours after boot). I didn't even know it had RGB...

The LED light button on the case never worked until yesterday, but after the lights came on, pressing it changed the presets. I decided to hold down the LED light button to turn it off, and it turned off, however, now I can't get it to light up again no matter how long I press it.

How do I get the lights back? :sweatsmile:

My motherboard is a BioStar B45M2 and I have some generic Allied tower case... I have no idea how to get it back.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Can you please parse your specs to the build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please include the make and model of the RGB/ARGB components in your build. As for the PSU, please include the age of the unit(apart from the make and model + wattage of the unit). If you're on Windows 10, please pass the version(not the edition) of the OS.

From the motherboard model you've parsed in the initial post,
b20181226_1.png

the motherboard you currently have doesn't have an ARGB/RGB header. It's also not mentioned in the specs of the board.

Reactions: plickoo
Oct 7, 2021
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 6 Core (12 CPUs) ~3.6GHz
Motherboard: Biostar B45M2
RAM: 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
HDD/SDD: 240GB m.2 [NVMe] Solid State Drive / 1 TB HDD
PSU: 700W Power Supply (Bronze or something idk)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
Chassis: Leaper Pro RGB M-ATX Case
Monitor: Acer KA240HQ

The age of everything is less than 2 years, it's weird because I now know the chassis is capable of RGB since it randomly turned on for the first time the other day, but I can't get it to work again.