johnx125

Honorable
Oct 10, 2017
While I was playing CS:GO, my computer crashed, I heard a clicking noise from inside the case and the screen went black (also said "no signal") and the entire system wouldn't respond at all. So I shut down the computer and then when I turned it back on... no display at all. However there was a lot of disk activity and stuff so I think it loaded up Windows but there was no signal to the screen. Reseating the GPU and all the PCI-E cables seems to have fixed the problem.. My question is what could have caused the system crash and the clicking noise in the first place? Should I reseat all the rest of the cables, just in case? Also after I fixed it (hopefully) I ran a GPU stress test (OCCT) and during the test the PCI-E cables were really hot to the touch... could this be the cause of the crash? Some kind of power overload or something?

SPECS:

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-UD3P (rev. 2.0)
CPU: AMD FX-8350 (not overclocked)
RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix sport 4GB 1600MHz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R7 370 4GB Nitro (overclocked)
Storage: WD Green 2TB HDD and Corsair Force LE 120GB SSD
PSU: Some generic 800W power supply from a brand that nobody knows about. However it is 80+ Bronze certified and also I've been using it for 4 years and never had any issues with it.