Question Computer fell, now everything runs slow and then shutsdown

May 11, 2019
So 2 days ago my PC fell over, so I checked if anything was knocked loose but everything was secured as before, so I booted up and immediately noticed things were running much slower and about 5 seconds after logging into the computer it shutdown on me. I've read an old thread saying it's could most likely be my ssd or hdd (because they can be easily damaged in a fall) but I swapped in an old hdd and same results as before. I tried running gpu on my old computer and that's running fine, so I think it could either be my Memory or CPU that got damaged. Is there something I should try to see what the problem is?

My Specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7800X Processor (6x 3.50GHz/8.25MB L3 Cache)
Memory: 16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR4 XPG D41 RGB Memory
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 8GB - ASUS Dual Series - Single Card
Motherboard: ASUS TUF X299 Mark 2
Power Supply: 600 Watt - Standard 80 PLUS Gold
Primary Hard Drive: 240 GB WD Green SSD
Data Hard Drive: 1 TB Hard Drive

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I would sooner guess PSU if you're having random reboots. Are you doing anything in particular when the reboots occur? Is it a random reboot as if you've pressed the reset button? Do you know the make and model of your PSU?

But my first guess would quite simply be something becoming loose. It is also very common for hard drives to become damages in falls - they do have some vibration resistance but generally because of the moving parts are quite sensitive to drops. So verifying the storage would be a good shout.

I would consider this thread just to double check all key cables are secure first https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

It could be multiple things, but first guesses would be Cables, PSU, and storage drives (the latter which you seem to have already covered).

May 11, 2019
I would sooner guess PSU if you're having random reboots. Are you doing anything in particular when the reboots occur? Is it a random reboot as if you've pressed the reset button? Do you know the make and model of your PSU?

But my first guess would quite simply be something becoming loose. It is also very common for hard drives to become damages in falls - they do have some vibration resistance but generally because of the moving parts are quite sensitive to drops. So verifying the storage would be a good shout.

I would consider this thread just to double check all key cables are secure first https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

It could be multiple things, but first guesses would be Cables, PSU, and storage drives (the latter which you seem to have already covered).
When I reboot my computer, it either slows down when starting windows and shuts down, or sometimes I can make it to my login screen and login for about 5-20 seconds before it shutsdown. I can't run any program/application without it shutting down on me. The computer doesn't restart at all just shuts down. My PSU is Thermaltake Smartseries 600w model: SP-600AH2NCG. I don't know how to verify if the storage is damaged when I can't run anything on the computer without it shutting off

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It could also be that you have misplaced your CPU cooler and the CPU is overheating and shutting down.
Have you verified temps you are getting in the BIOS?
Do you have another PSU you can use to test?
Have you covered everything in the thread I posted previously first?