Question Computer sometimes freezes and I'm not sure why. Think it may be chrome related... Same whether graphics acceleration is off or on

aolsux00

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2013
So I'm pretty familiar with computers and I've tried several things that I'll list below, but basically it freezes sometimes when I walk away and its idling. Not often, but maybe once a week or so. I've tried the key combo to refresh my graphics driver (win+control+shift+b) which doesn't help. I think it may be related to chrome/brave. I'm not sure, but in several instances I've had both closed and it didn't freeze, but it doesn't freeze with it open often so it might not be that. I am using the portable version of brave if that makes a difference, but I rarely use it. This has been happening for a several months and it also could be related to my graphics card swap (put in a Nvidia 2060), but I don't have any issues with it otherwise so I'm not sure.

1) Tested RAM with the windows mem diag
2) Tested all hard drives/SSDs with Seagate Seatools and Crystal Disk Info
3) Updated graphics card drivers
4) Updated BIOS and motherboard/processor drivers
5) Chrome - I've had graphics acceleration on and off
6) Stress tested hardware
7) sfc /scannow - it fixed some corrupt Windows files
8) Checked Windows logs and the only thing it really shows is an improper shutdown that I've had to do each time

Hardware:

AMD Ryzen 3900x
32GB RAM
1TB boot SSD + a few mechanical drives + 500GB SSD
650W Power Supply
Windows 10 Pro

Any ideas on what it could be? Any other tests I should try?